gbrainy is a brain teaser game for GNOME designed for use in education. It is licensed under the GNU GPL. The game was written in C# and has since been ported to the Sugar graphical environment, as well as Microsoft Windows.
Specifically, it contains the following:
- Logic puzzles - games designed to challenge reasoning and thinking skills
- Mental calculation - games based on arithmetical operations designed to improve mental calculation skills
- Memory trainers - games designed to challenge short term memory
- ↑ http://gent.softcatala.org/jmas/bloc/pivot/entry.php?id=299
- ↑ http://gent.softcatala.org/jmas/bloc/pivot/entry.php?id=445
- ↑ gBrainy: un entrenador mental en GNU/Linux (Spanish). Retrieved on 2008-06-20
- ↑ de Icaza, Miguel. Mono on the OLPC.