Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Gogii Games is an independent Canadian video game developer and publisher headquartered in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada. They currently employ 25 employees in Moncton as well as having full-time contract workers in Nova Scotia, Prague, France, and Romania.
Founded in 2006 by George Donovan, the company has launched eight to 10 games each year in more than 10 languages, across all platforms, from PC retail to Nintendo Wii and DS, as well as mobile platforms including iPhone and iPad.
The company makes primarily Hidden Object / Adventure games, targeted to adult females. Gogii's catalog of games consists of more than 30 games - including franchises such as Escape the Museum, The Hidden Object Show, the Luv series (Puppy Luv, Pony Luv, Kitty Luv) - as well as Princess Isabella: A Witch’s Curse.
|Princess Isabella: A witch's curse HD||2010||iPad|
|Tripeaks in Paradise HD||2010||iPad|
|Robin's Quest||2010||PC, Mac|
|Secrets of the Dragon Wheel||2010||PC, Mac||Silverback Games|
|Vaultcracker: The Last Safe||2010||PC, Mac|
|Escape the Lost Kingdom 3D||2010||PC, Mac|
|The Clumsy's 2||2009||PC, Mac||Banzai Interactive|
|Princess Isabella: A witch's curse||2009||PC, Mac|
|Empress of the Deep||2009||PC, Mac||Silverback Games|
|The Mirror Mysteries||2009||PC, Mac||The Easy Co.|
|Escape 2 Paradise||2008||PC, Mac|
Princess Isabella was declared the 2009 Game of the Year by Big Fish Games, as well as being nominated in four categories at the 2nd Great Game Awards by GameHouse, where it won Top Adventure Game.
Gogii Games Engine
In 2010, Gogii Games launched a site announcing the purchase of the Kanji Game engine - to be renamed Gogii Games Engine. It is a 2d C++ engine for iPad/iPhone, Mac and PC development. The engine has been used in many casual games, including the Mortimer Beckett series.
- Support for multiple streams of music and cross-fading.
- Supports Theora video to texture decompression, including synchronized audio, alpha channel and looping
- Transparently uses DirectX 8 or 9 (Windows), OpenGL (Mac and Windows ) and OpenGL ES (iPhone and iPad)
- Support for pixel shaders
- Support for zip pakfiles, including password encryption
- Support for multiple streams of music and cross-fading
- Powerful Graphical User Interface components used in production games
- 3d model loading for special effects in 2d games
There are several licensing options for Gogii Games Engine, including Standard, Mobile, and Pro - each of which offer different levels of features and platform support. The Gogii engine is unique in that it provides a Publishing license - which offers the use of the engine free of charge when agreeing to use the company's publishing services.
- ↑ Entrepreneur of the Year – George Donovan, Progress Magazine, Vol 6, Issue 8
- ↑ N.B. firm targets a new niche of gamers, NB Business Journal, By Kyle Mullin, May 20th, 2010
- ↑ IGN: Gogii Games, ign.com
- ↑ Gamespot Company Page for Gogii Games, gamespot.com
- ↑ GameHouse Announces Winners of Second Annual Great Game Awards, PR Newswire, July 20, 2010
- ↑ Gogii Games Engine, gogiigamesengine.com, retrieved September 10, 2010
- ↑ Licensing | Gogii Games Engine, gogiigamesengine.com, retrieved September 10, 2010