Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Gold Medal Challenge '92 was a 1992 video game by Capcom. It was an Olympic sports game loosely based on the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona. It heavily relied on button mashing style games.
The countries that were available are the United States of America, China, Great Britain, Germany, Bulgaria, Spain, Commonwealth of Independent States (C.I.S.), Canada, France, Romania, Hungary, and Japan
This game is also notable for its capability to have 8 human competitors to compete in the Olympiad concurrently against each other (although only 2 at a time). It consisted of the following events:
Button Mashing Events:
- 100 M Dash (Track & Field)
- 200 M Dash (Track & Field)
- 400 M Dash (Track & Field)
- 4 x 100 M Relay (Track & Field)
Button Mashing & Angle/Button Timing Events:
- Long jump (Track & Field)
- Triple jump (Track & Field)
- High jump (Track & Field)
- Shot put (Track & Field)
- Javelin throw (Track & Field)
- 110 M Hurdles (Track & Field)
- Vault (gymnastics)
- 100 m Backstroke (Swimming)
- 100 m Breaststroke (Swimming)
- 100 m Butterfly (Swimming)
- 100 m Freestyle (Swimming)
- 200 m Individual medley (Swimming)