|This article needs suitable references, either from appropriate primary sources or trusted third-party sources. (July 2008)|
Golf is a sports-simulation video game released in 1985 for the Nintendo Entertainment System. It was originally released in Japan in 1984 for the Nintendo Family Computer. The golfer is a mustached man who resembles Mario.
The player one character wears a white shirt and shoes with blue pants and uses a white ball, while the player two character wears a red shirt and shoes with black pants and uses a red ball.
It was the first golf game to feature a power/accuracy bar for swinging the club.[ The power bar method has been used in most golf games since. ]
- Ported to the Family Computer Disk System in 1986 (Japan only).
- Available for the Classic NES e-Reader series on Game Boy Advance.
- Available as a fully playable collectible in Animal Crossing.
- Hudson Soft released a port of the game for the Japan-only NEC PC-8801 in 1985.
- In the Game Boy version, unlike the NES version, there are some background music and two countries to choose from: Japan and U.S.A.. Also, the style of the player characters are chibi. All courses are different compared to the ones in the NES version.
- The nine holes of Wii Sports Golf are 3-dimensional versions of holes in NES Golf.