Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article needs to be cleaned up. More information may be found in this article's talk page.(June 2008)|
GripShift is a hybrid title video game that was developed by Sidhe Interactive and co-published by Red Mile Entertainment, Sony Online Entertainment and Ubisoft Entertainment for the PlayStation Portable handheld in 2005. The game was later released for download on PlayStation 3 via the PlayStation Store, and for the Xbox 360 via Xbox Live Arcade. GripShift is a cross between a platform/puzzle game like Super Monkey Ball and a driving game like Stunt Car Racer.
- More than 100 diverse levels in 4 themed worlds
- Multiple routes, short-cuts, loops, jumps, ramps, power-ups and dangers to avoid
- Race Mode provides action for players to race against the CPU or human drivers
- 8 Bonus games including Penguin Bowling, Bomb Pool, Soccer Crazy, Snaker, Ice Hockey and more
- Wireless multiplayer action for up to 4 players through the PSP handheld system's wireless feature
- In-game Track Editor and ability to share them wirelessly with friends
- 6 playable characters and customizable vehicles
- Wireless Ad-Hoc multiplayer with up to four players
On February 13, 2008, the "Turbo Expansion Pack" downloadable content was released for 350 Microsoft Points. The content adds new single-player and multiplayer modes, eight Race Tracks, eight Deathmatch Arenas, and eighteen new music tracks.
PlayStation 3 version
These changes include the addition of track barriers to help players stay on the road. They are also incorporated back into the gameplay as another puzzle element that can both help and hinder your progress. The vehicle handling has been substantially reworked and now features increasing speeds as the player progresses from the beginner levels through to insane levels. The vehicle also handles differently off the road and depending on what surface it is on. For example it will now slide when on ice.
- 150 Challenging Levels Across 4 Themed Worlds
- Four Player Online Race Mode
- 38 Different Music Tracks
- Online Leader Boards For Every Challenge Mode Level (Multiple Objectives)