Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith is the second spinoff game in the Guitar Hero series, the first being Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s. The game was released on June 26, 2008 in Europe, on June 29, 2008 in North America, and on August 6, 2008 in Australia. The game follows the story of Aerosmith, from their first show in 1970 to their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001.
The gameplay is virtually unchanged from Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock. The player still has to use a guitar shaped controller to play notes that scroll down the screen. The only minor difference is that the window for hitting hammer ons and pull offs was decreased, making them slightly more difficult. Like its predecessors, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith features Face-Off, Pro Face-Off, and Battle multiplayer modes.
The game contains 41 songs in total, 25 of which are Aerosmith songs. Others are from either Joe Perry's solo career or artists that have inspired or worked with Aerosmith, such as Run D.M.C. and The Kinks. The game contains only four covers.
Bold text indicates a cover
- Dream Police - Cheap Trick
- All the Young Dudes - Mott the Hoople
- Make It - Aerosmith
- Uncle Salty - Aerosmith
- Draw the Line - Aerosmith
- I Hate Myself for Loving You - Joan Jett
- All Day and All of the Night - The Kinks
- No Surprise - Aerosmith
- Movin' Out - Aerosmith
- Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith
- Complete Control - The Clash
- Personality Crisis - New York Dolls
- Livin' on the Edge - Aerosmith
- Rag Doll - Aerosmith
- Love in an Elevator - Aerosmith
- She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
- King of Rock - Run D.M.C.
- Nobody's Fault - Aerosmith
- Bright Light Fright - Aerosmith
- Walk This Way - Run D.M.C. featuring Aerosmith
- Hard to Handle - The Black Crowes
- Always on the Run - Lenny Kravitz featuring Slash
- Back in the Saddle - Aerosmith
- Beyond Beautiful - Aerosmith
- Dream On - Aerosmith
- Cat Scratch Fever - Ted Nugent
- Sex Type Thing - Stone Temple Pilots
- Mama Kin - Aerosmith
- Guitar Battle vs. Joe Perry - Joe Perry
- Toys in the Attic - Aerosmith
- Train Kept a Rollin' - Aerosmith
- Combination - Aerosmith
- Joe Perry Guitar Battle - Joe Perry
- Kings and Queens - Aerosmith
- Let the Music do the Talking - Aerosmith
- Mercy - Joe Perry
- Pandora's Box - Aerosmith
- Pink - Aerosmith
- Rats in the Cellar - Aerosmith
- Shakin' My Cage - Joe Perry
- Talk Talkin' - Joe Perry
- Walk This Way - Joe Perry
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith received mixed reviews. Critics pointed out that since the game focused so many songs on one band that the player's enjoyment of the game rested on their appreciation for the music of Aerosmith. GameZone gave the game a score of 8 out of 10, while Eurogamer gave it a 6 out of 10. The game currently holds a 72% on GameRankings and a 70 on Metacritic.
- ↑ http://xbox360.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r34733.htm
- ↑ http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=159820
- ↑ http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/944964.asp?q=guitar%20hero%20aerosmith
- ↑ http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/guitarheroaerosmith?q=aerosmith