Hardcore 4x4 (initially known as TNN Motorsports Hardcore 4X4 in the US and known as Deka Yonku ~Tough The Truck~ (デカ４駆 ～タフ ザ トラック～) in Japan), is a racing video game developed by Gremlin Interactive for the Sega Saturn, PlayStation and Microsoft Windows. It became available for download from PlayStation Store as a PSOne Classic for play on the PlayStation 3 on January 10, 2008 in PAL regions. The game utilizes 3D environments and truck models. The sound track features hard rock music. It was the first game to feature vehicles with independent suspension.
TNN Motorsports Hardcore 4x4 is an off-road racing game. You drive a 4x4 like a Jeep or pickup truck around 3D cross-country loops and attempt to get to the finish line first. There are six different vehicles to choose from, each with differing handling, acceleration and suspension settings. Circuits have differing surfaces for the player to contend with, including tarmac, dirt, sand and ice. Weather conditions can be changed to add another challenge to the game.There are three race types. In single race mode you participate in only one race on a track of your choice against five other competitors. Championship allows you to race through all six courses in a row in an attempt to win a hidden truck. Time trial lets up to eight players compete round-robin style for the fast lap time around a track.
|Electronic Gaming Monthly||83|
- ↑ PlayStation release information.
- ↑ Sega Saturn release information.
- ↑ PC release information.
- ↑ HardCore 4x4 - PlayStation 3. Gamespy. Retrieved on 2009-09-08
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Kitts, Jeff (1998-12-13). Hardcore 4X4 Review. GameSpot. Retrieved on 2009-09-06
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Moby Games review scores for Hardcore 4x4. Retrieved on 2009-09-06
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Electronic Gaming Monthly issue 90, December 1997
- ↑ Gamepro issue 94, May 1997
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 TNN Motor Sports Hardcore 4X4 (1997-01-03). Retrieved on 2009-09-06