Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Havok is a computer software company that provides interactive software and services for digital media creators in the video game and movie industries.
Havok works in partnership with many game developers, including Activision, EA, Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, Bethesda Softworks and Ubisoft. Havok’s cross-platform technology is available for PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii, GameCube, and PCs. Havok’s technology has been used in more than 150 game titles, including Half Life 2, Halo 2, Tony Hawk’s Project 8, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Age of Empires III, Fallout 3 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Havok products have also been used to drive special effects in movies such as Poseidon, The Matrix, Troy, Kingdom of Heaven and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Havok provides the dynamics driving for Autodesk 3ds Max.
History and awards
Havok was founded in 1998 by Hugh Reynolds and Dr. Steven Collins of the computer science department in Trinity College, Dublin. Research and Development is carried out in Dublin, Germany, San Francisco and India.
- US National Academy of Television, Arts & Sciences Award, 2008 - (Technical Emmy )
- Red Herring 100 - 2006 Winner
- Best Choice of Computex - 2006 Winner
- OnHollywood - 2006 Winner
- Develop Industry Excellence Awards  - 2006 Nominee - Best Tools Provider, 2005 Winner - Best Tools Provider, 2004 Nominee - Best Tools Provider
- Game Developer Frontline Award  - 2006 Finalist - Middleware, 2003 Winner - Best Game Component, 2002 Winner - Best Game Component
- FileFront - "Most Advanced Technology" of 2004
- Computer Graphics World - CGW 2003 Innovation Award
Template:Europe-videogame-company-stub fr:Havok (entreprise) sv:Havok (företag)