Heavy Iron Studios is an American video game developer, based in Los Angeles, California. They were a wholly-owned subsidiary of THQ until being spun off as an independent company in May 2009 as part of a cost-cutting move.
In 2007 Heavy Iron Studios hired Marc Vulcano a former Senior Character Animator at Sony Pictures Imageworks and animation director at Big Idea Productions is now the studio Studio Animation Director.
- Evil Dead: Hail to the King (2001)
- Scooby-Doo! Night of 100 Frights (2002)
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (2003)
- The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie Game (2004)
- The Incredibles (2004)
- The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer (2005)
- Ratatouille (2007)
- WALL-E (2008)
- Up (2009)
- SpongeBob's Truth or Square (2009)
- ↑ Radd, David (2009-03-17). Heavy Iron, Incinerator and Big Huge Games are all affected by this major move by THQ. GameDaily. Retrieved on 2009-03-18.