Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hidden Expedition is a series of casual games developed by the internal studios of Big Fish Games (BFG). Following on the heels of Mystery Case Files, the Hidden Expedition series marks the second major hidden object game brand from BFG. In such games, the player must locate various objects which are hidden in a cluttered scene. Once each of the objects has been located, the player is allowed to progress to the next stage of the game. This may sound simple, but often there are many, many objects, with some being particularly small and difficult to pick out. Hidden object games definitely challenge the ability of a player to analyze, differentiate, and identify.
Thus far, there have been four games created for the Hidden Expedition series - Hidden Expedition: Titanic, Hidden Expedition: Everest, Hidden Expedition: Amazon, and Hidden Expedition: Devil's Triangle.
The storyline of Hidden Expedition is reminiscent of the Survivor and The Amazing Race television series as you search for missing objects and complete mini challenges in some of the world's most remote and dangerous locations.
- Hidden Expedition: Titanic was released on July 19, 2006 and immediately moved into the #1 sales position for BFG. In this game, the player takes on the role of a treasure hunter working for the Hidden Expedition Adventure League (H.E.A.L.) to investigate the wreckage of the ocean liner Titanic. Although the Titanic was deemed 'unsinkable' by the press, it sank to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean after striking an iceberg on April 14, 1912 during its maiden voyage from Queenstown, Ireland to New York City, USA.
- Hidden Expedition: Everest was released on June 1, 2007 and also immediately moved into the #1 sales position on BFG. In this game, the player takes on the role of a member of the Hidden Expedition Club competing against three other teams (The Scholars, The Scarlet Hat League, and The Gamers) to reach the top of Mt. Everest first. However, prior to beginning your journey to Nepal, you must travel to the Amazon rainforest, a witches market in Bolivia, Peru's Machu Picchu, Mexico's El Dorado, the Mayan Wall, and Chichen Itza ruins and compete in various competitions.
An interesting feature of Hidden Expedition: Everest is the presence of world-famous mountaineer and Mt. Everest climber, Ed Viesturs. Ed provides guidance for players throughout the game and was involved with BFG during game development to assist in creating a quality gaming experience. Moreover, BFG partnered with National Geographic Ventures for the development and the release of Hidden Expedition: Everest. A player exploring the summit of Mt. Everest in the game will be able to "view National Geographic's rich repository of video, photos, stories and other editorial from previous Everest expeditions and from National Geographic's incredible collection of exploration and adventure content."
- Hidden Expedition: Amazon was released on June 20, 2008
- Hidden Expedition: Devil's Triangle was released on October 24, 2009. You play as a member of the Hidden Expedition Adventure Team (H.E.A.T.), and your task is to search for a pilot who went down in the Bermda Triangle. During the search, the player becomes shipwrecked on a mysterious island where people seem to age much slower than normal people. However, not everything on the island of Elysia is as peaceful as it seems...
- Official Hidden Expedition Website
- Hidden Expedition: Titanic at Big Fish Games
- Hidden Expedition: Everest at Big Fish Games
- Big Fish Games and National Geographic Team up to Take Consumers to Mount Everest and to Paris, France - BusinessWire.com
- National Geographic Distributes Video Games - InformationWeek.com
- Big Fish to Create Two Casual Games For National Geographic Ventures - GameShark.com