Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Initially working in debugging and sound effects for the first three games of the Final Fantasy series, his work became prominent in Final Fantasy IV, when he created the long-time series staple, the Active Time Battle (ATB) system. Afterwards, he served as a designer for a number of battle systems in the series, including the Job system in Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy Tactics, the Esper system in Final Fantasy VI, the Junction system and the Triple Triad card game in Final Fantasy VIII and the Active Dimension Battle (ADB) of Final Fantasy XII.
He also served as a Co-Director of Final Fantasy VI with Yoshinori Kitase as well as the Director of Final Fantasy IX. One of his latest roles was as a Co-Director for Final Fantasy XII, first with Yasumi Matsuno, then with Hiroshi Minagawa after Matsuno left the project.
- Final Fantasy (1987) - Debugger[ ]
- Final Fantasy II (1988) - Debugger[ ]
- Square no Tom Sawyer (1989) - Game Designer[ ]
- Final Fantasy Legend (1989) - Scenario, Map Designer
- Final Fantasy III (1990) - Sound Effects
- Rad Racer 2 (1990) - Game Designer
- Final Fantasy IV (1991) - Battle System Designer
- Final Fantasy V (1992) - Battle System Designer and Job System Designer
- Final Fantasy VI (1994) - Director
- Chrono Trigger (1995) - Battle Event Planner
- Final Fantasy Tactics (1997) - Game Design Director
- Final Fantasy VIII (1999) - Battle System Designer, Chocobo World Game Designer
- Final Fantasy IX (2000) - Director, "Melodies of Life" lyrics (credited as "Shiomi")
- Hataraku Chocobo (2000) - Game Designer
- Final Fantasy XII (2006) - Director, Game Designer
- Final Fantasy V Advance (2006) - Supervisor
- Final Fantasy VI Advance (2006) - Supervisor
- Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (2007) - Producer, Director, Game Designer
- Final Fantasy IV (Nintendo DS) (2007) - Battle System Supervisor
Hiroyuki Ito has also been credited on the following games, seemingly as an employee of a different company than Square Enix, though it is unknown if it is the same person:
- Grandia II (developed by Game Arts, 2000) - Character demo production
- Disney's Party (developed by Jupiter and Neverland, 2003) - Assistant
- Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (developed by Square Enix and Jupiter, 2004) - Main programmer
- Meteos: Disney Magic (developed by Q Entertainment, Aspect and Platinum Egg, 2007) - Programmer
- The World Ends with You (developed by Square Enix and Jupiter, 2007) - Planning director
|25px||This biographical article relating to a video game specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|