Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hothead Games is an independent video game developer and publisher based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Hothead is best known for its role-playing/adventure video game series, On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, based on the Penny Arcade webcomic. Hothead self-publishes its games with a focus on offering accessible gameplay and episodic content through digital distribution.[ ]
Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Canada, Hothead was founded in March 2006 as a privately funded independent developer and publisher with a focus on offering accessible game play and exceptional content through digital distribution.
Hothead's first game was Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One, released for download worldwide on May 21, 2008.
Awards and recognition
- The Canadian New Media Awards (CNMA) recognized Hothead as the "Most Promising New Company of the Year" (May 2007).
- Swarm (in development) was selected as a finalist in the Telefilm Canada's Great Canadian Video Game Competition (March 2007) and won the "People's Choice" award.
- Business in Vancouver awarded Hothead CEO Vlad Ceraldi a spot in its 2007 "Forty Under 40" list as one of Vancouver's outstanding entrepreneurs.
- Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One was nominated as a "Best Downloadable Content" finalist in G4TV's GPhoria 2008.
- Hothead was recognized as one of The Gamasutra 20's list of "Breakthrough Developers" (August 2008).
Ian Wilkinson – President & CEO
Co-founder of Radical Entertainment