Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hydlide was one of the first action role-playing games, and one of the earliest Japanese role-playing video games. The recharging health mechanic first introduced by Hydlide in 1984 would, decades later, become a common mechanic widely used in many video games, particularly contemporary shooter games.
- ↑ Hydlide (PC88). Retrieved on 2015-01-14.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Kurt Kalata & Robert Greene. Hydlide. Hardcore Gaming 101. Retrieved on 2011-05-01.
- ↑ Szczepaniak, John (7 July 2011). "Falcom: Legacy of Ys". GamesTM (111): 152–159 . http://imageshack.us/f/32/yshistory02.jpg/. Retrieved 2011-09-07. (cf. Szczepaniak, John (July 8, 2011). History of Ys interviews. Hardcore Gaming 101. Retrieved on 6 September 2011.)
- ↑ http://www.gamesradar.com/stop-drop-and-heal-history-regenerating-health/
- ↑ http://www.gamesradar.com/top-7-games-you-didnt-know-did-it-first/