I Am Alive is an upcoming action video game developed by Ubisoft Shanghai and published by Ubisoft. It was scheduled to be released on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows and Wii in 2010, but has been delayed until 2011. The game takes place in Chicago after a major-scale earthquake has destroyed the city and separated it from mainland, while the rest of the world suffers a water crisis.
The game takes place in Chicago after a 10.3 Mw earthquake destroys the city and the rescue team fails to save the survivors. The player has to evade enemies, keep from becoming dehydrated, find his missing girlfriend and stay alive in a crumbled city of hate. The player also has to evade citizens throughout the game, as they'll do anything in order to take his belongings, and use them as their own.
The player controls Adam in a first person perspective. The player can use various tactics to stay alive, including using an empty gun to threaten enemies, finding food and water around the city in order to keep Adam alive and healthy and use of actual live weapons, including pistols, machine guns, and grenades if found. The player can also drive abandoned vehicles, driving the vehicles will be in the traditional third-person view, and running or walking can be toggled between first and third person.
The game was first rumored to be in development in July 2008, when it was told that the Assassin's Creed producer, Jade Raymond, was working on a new game. It was later announced at E3 2008, along with a trailer. It was later revealed that Raymond was not working on the game. Development of the game experienced various delays until it was confirmed that the original developers, Darkworks, would not be working on it any longer due to a "mutual decision" and that the studio had other obligations, and that the game would instead be finished at Ubisoft Shanghai's studio. On August 2009, various screenshots of an old build of the game were leaked onto the Internet.  At E3 2010 Ubisoft released the second trailer of I Am Alive; the trailer showed more footage of the city of Chicago being destroyed by the earthquake and people fighting each other over the few remaining vehicles and supplies in the aftermath, at the end of the trailer a message is displayed saying that the game will be released in spring 2011.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Reilly, Jim (2010-01-13). I Am Alive Delayed Until 2011. IGN. Retrieved on 2010-01-12
- ↑ Snow, Blake (2009-07-15). Ubisoft unveils I Am Alive, new survival game for 2009. GamePro. Retrieved on 2010-01-12
- ↑ I Am Alive (2010) on Xbox 360. IGN. Retrieved on 2010-01-13
- ↑ Nelson, Randy (2009-01-06). I Am Alive: I am first-person, I am not a Jade Raymond game. Joystiq. Retrieved on 2010-01-12
- ↑ Magrino, Tom (2009-03-06). I Am Alive moves to Ubi Shanghai. GameSpot. Retrieved on 2010-01-12
- ↑ Nelson, Randy (2009-09-03). Rumor: I Am Alive, but I may not look like these screens anymore. Joystiq. Retrieved on 2010-01-12