IndustryPlayer and the webserver-based version IndustryMasters are business simulation games, -multiplayer on-line business strategy games based on a simulation of real world economy, developed by Tycoon Systems Ltd.
Participants take the role of an entrepreneur and compete with each other in real-time for market leadership and shareholder value. The game allows university students, business professionals and others to attempt to engineer a successful corporate environment. Participants can log into the Web-based tool to play individually or in groups and get an evaluation of their performance.
The game includes a real-time corporate accounting system, industry analysis tools, and scoring and debriefing features.
IndustryPlayer Classic, the download version for use with Windows, simulates aspects of entrepreneurship: from strategy, investment and finance to the interactions with competitors, workforce, consumers, banks and the environment (CSR, Carbon Footprint).
The browser-based IndustryMasters edition is a business simulation game that allows students, business people and others to sharpen their entrepreneurial and strategic management skills by building their own company and competing in real-time against each other
IndustryMasters is available in multiple editions, which are customized for usage either in corporate learning, in MBA programs, colleges or for training people without a business background. Participants can play individually or with a team to develop a strategy, undertake an entrepreneurial start-up and compete with each other in a real-time multi-player competition.
"Serious games can be powerful educational tools, allowing users to experiment, learn from their mistakes and safely experience risky or dangerous situations.... Examples of serious games include IndustryPlayer, a business simulation based on real-world data ..."
IndustryMasters and Tycoon Systems Ltd have been selected for the past three years (2006-2008) to run "Mousetrap" a major IIMA Confluence Event run at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA). The annual "Mousetrap" competition uses the IndustryMasters game to allow 1,800 students in 600 teams of 3 people compete for virtual market dominance.
- ↑ Hill, Jason. IN THE BLACK (The Magazine of the Certified Public Accountants of Australia), October 2008 "In the trenches: Game on - Video games get an image makeover to become a training tool for the corporate sector" https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/SID-3F57FECB-6C8F9C41/cpa/hs.xsl/724_30432_ENA_HTML.htm Print Reference: October 2008, volume 78:09, p. 26-29
- ↑ IIMA Confluence Event 2006 / http://www.iima-confluence.com/2006/events/mousetrap.php
- ↑ IIMA Confluence 2007 / http://www.iima-confluence.com/2007/mousetrap.html
- ↑ IIMA Confluence 2008 / http://www.iima-confluence.com/mousetrap.php
- ↑ Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad / http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/