Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
IndustryPlayer and the webserver-based version IndustryMasters are business simulation games, -multiplayer on-line business strategy games based on a simulation of real world economy, developed by Tycoon Systems Ltd.
Participants take the role of an entrepreneur and compete with each other in real-time for market leadership and shareholder value. The game allows university students, business professionals and others to attempt to engineer a successful corporate environment. Participants can log into the Web-based tool to play individually or in groups and get an evaluation of their performance.
The game includes a real-time corporate accounting system, industry analysis tools, and scoring and debriefing features.
IndustryPlayer Classic, the download version for use with Windows, simulates aspects of entrepreneurship: from strategy, investment and finance to the interactions with competitors, workforce, consumers, banks and the environment (CSR, Carbon Footprint).
The browser-based IndustryMasters edition is a business simulation game that allows students, business people and others to sharpen their entrepreneurial and strategic management skills by building their own company and competing in real-time against each other
IndustryMasters is available in multiple editions, which are customized for usage either in corporate learning, in MBA programs, colleges or for training people without a business background. Participants can play individually or with a team to develop a strategy, undertake an entrepreneurial start-up and compete with each other in a real-time multi-player competition.
"Serious games can be powerful educational tools, allowing users to experiment, learn from their mistakes and safely experience risky or dangerous situations.... Examples of serious games include IndustryPlayer, a business simulation based on real-world data ..."
IndustryMasters and Tycoon Systems Ltd have been selected for the past three years (2006-2008) to run "Mousetrap" a major IIMA Confluence Event run at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA). The annual "Mousetrap" competition uses the IndustryMasters game to allow 1,800 students in 600 teams of 3 people compete for virtual market dominance.
- ↑ Hill, Jason. IN THE BLACK (The Magazine of the Certified Public Accountants of Australia), October 2008 "In the trenches: Game on - Video games get an image makeover to become a training tool for the corporate sector" https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/SID-3F57FECB-6C8F9C41/cpa/hs.xsl/724_30432_ENA_HTML.htm Print Reference: October 2008, volume 78:09, p. 26-29
- ↑ IIMA Confluence Event 2006 / http://www.iima-confluence.com/2006/events/mousetrap.php
- ↑ IIMA Confluence 2007 / http://www.iima-confluence.com/2007/mousetrap.html
- ↑ IIMA Confluence 2008 / http://www.iima-confluence.com/mousetrap.php
- ↑ Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad / http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/