Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Infamous Adventures (commonly referred to as IA) is an amateur game development company, founded in 2004 by Shawn Mills (screen name Klytos) and Steven Alexander (screen name Blackthorne), and is dedicated to making games in the classic adventure made famous by the releases of Sierra Entertainment and LucasArts in the 1980s and early 1990s.
Their games are created using Chris Jones' Adventure Game Studio (AGS) engine, and the games have project teams composed of programmers, musicians, and artists from around the globe. Their games are released for free download via their website.
Infamous Adventures games
King's Quest 3
Infamous Adventures released a remake of King's Quest III: To Heir Is Human on June 19, 2006. In line with the AGD Interactive-created remakes of the original two Kings Quest games, the game features a point-and-click interface, as well as updated, VGA graphics. As well, a voice pack was released on August 21, 2006, consisting of voices for every character, as well as a narrator. The voice cast includes former Sierra employees Josh Mandel reprising his role from the official games as Graham, and Andy Hoyos (Mordack in King's Quest V) as Mannanan. The game also includes a new ending sequence for players who finish the game with a perfect score.
As of October 2008, the game had been downloaded more than 180,000 times.
Quest for Infamy
The current status appears to be that Quest for Infamy is in "suspended production".The game is inspired by Sierra's Quest for Glory series and introduces a new combat engine which has been created for this game.
Currently, Quest for Infamy's status is listed as on hold. IA has stated that, as the game has continued to evolve, its size and scope has become such that it needs much more time to develop and gestate, and that the team itself needs time to hone its skills before tackling such an immense project.
King's Quest: Kingdom of Sorrow (formerly Project X)
On 25 October 2006, IA announced that they are also working on another, secret game. Other than a trailer released on Youtube, which was titled "Project X", there is little information concerning the story of this new game. It has been stated by the developers that Project X is not a recreation of any prior adventure game but it is the spiritual successor the canceled "Quest For Infamy".
On June 18th of 2010, Infamous Adventures announced that the mysterious "Project X" was in fact a game entitled "King's Quest: Kingdom of Sorrow" - a new adventure game based on the King's Quest novel of the same name by Kenyon Moor. Kingdom of Sorrow takes place between King's Quest II and III, and features Graham traveling to a magical kingdom to save the Faerie Woods.
Space Quest II
On 25 January 2007, Infamous Adventures posted a static image of a Space Quest II scene. No confirmation of a SQ2 remake was announced however, allowing speculation to arise whether or not it was simply a homage to the Space Quest series or if they were secretly revealing that they were remaking Space Quest 2.  On 1 April 2007, Infamous Adventures confirmed the VGA remake of Space Quest II. In April 2009 they stated that Space Quest 2 was nearing alpha testing. As of April 2010 they stated that the game has been confirmed as being under final stage Beta testing.
- AGD Interactive, another development team that remakes classic Sierra games
- ScummVM, an interpreter for modern computers to play the original Sierra AGI versions of King's Quest III and Space Quest II, as well as old LucasArts games (its original purpose)
- ↑ King's Quest III has been released!. Infamous Adventures Forums (2006-06-19)..
- ↑ Gunnar Harboe (2006-06-19). Infamous classic starts an old Quest anew. Adventure Gamers..
- ↑ Downloads. King's Quest III. Infamous Adventures..
- ↑ FAQ. Infamous Adventures..
- ↑ Quest for Infamy. Infamous Adventures..
- ↑ FAQ. Infamous Adventures..
- ↑ Oh you tease!. Infamous Adventures Forums (2006-10-25)..
- ↑ Luke Jensen (2006-11-15). Infamous Adventures developing new game. Adventure Gamers..
- ↑ Eyes on the Sight!. Infamous Adventures Forums (2007-01-25)..
- ↑ Luke Jenson (2007-04-01). Infamous Adventures giving Wilco a facelift!. Adventure Gamers..