Information in Place, Inc. (IIPI) is a serious game developer and e-learning company. Since its inception, the company has worked with several public and private organizations to enhance learning through innovative instructional methods and technologies.[ ]
- On March 5, 2009, IIPI announced the acquisition of WisdomTools, a venture-backed company that was the first spin-out of Indiana University. IIPI acquired all the assets and customer contracts of WisdomTools, Inc. and formed WisdomTools, LLC, which is a single member limited liability corporation.
- In March 2008, IIPI founded Holutions, Inc., a C corporation, lead by Matthew Burton, M.D. for the purposes of offering health care solutions in workflow and training areas to hospitals.
Serious game announcements
- On February 18, 2009, it was reported that Information in Place, Inc., and its partners Virtual Heroes, Inc. and Project Whitecard, were selected by NASA to build the NASA MMO, a Massively multiplayer online game for promoting learning in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields.
- ↑ Hazmat Games from IIPI's website
- ↑ K-16 Serious Games from IIPI
- ↑ Space Games from IIPI
- ↑ Virtual Congress from IIPI
- ↑ Chaplin, Steve (2009-03-05). IU's first venture spin-outs merge, earn high-profile contracts with NASA, NSF. Indiana University. Retrieved on 2009-03-05
- ↑ Pratt, Wayne (2009-03-06). IU Spin-Outs Merge. Grow Media Ventures. Retrieved on 2009-03-06
- ↑ Information in Place, Inc. (2009-03-05). Information in Place Acquires WisdomTools, Inc.. Information in Place, Inc.. Retrieved on 2009-03-05
- ↑ NASA MMO from NASA
- ↑ Gaudiosi, John (2009-02-18). NASA Unveils New Online Game: Agency aims to reinvigorate youth interest in space exploration.. Yahoo! Games. Retrieved on 2009-03-05
- ↑ Big Download Staff (2009-02-19). Feature: First look at NASA's Unreal Engine 3 based MMO. Big Download. Retrieved on 2009-03-05
- ↑ NASA MMO To Run On Unreal 3; Information in Place and Big Stage Also On Board. Virtual Worlds News (2009-02-19). Retrieved on 2009-03-05