Ion Assault is a multidirectional shooter video game developed by Coreplay and published by Black Inc. exclusively for the Xbox Live Arcade. It was released in North America and Europe in September 23, 2009 and priced at 800 Microsoft Points. Its gameplay is similar to that of the classic arcade shooter Asteroids. Ion Assault is the first Xbox LIVE Arcade game developed in Germany.
- ↑ Husemann, Charles (9 September 2009). Ion Assault Interview. Gaming Nexus. Retrieved on 16 October 2009. “Our main reference for Ion Assault was the original “Asteroids” which was more about taking control of your ship rather than about shooting and destroying tons of objects.”
- ↑ IGN: Black Inc. Announces Ion Assault For Xbox LIVE Arcade. IGN.com (2009-07-06). Retrieved on 2009-07-08.
- ↑ Mitchell, Richard (2009-07-07). Ion Assault will assault XBLA this summer. Joystiq. Retrieved on 2009-07-08.
- ↑ Purchese, Robert (2009-07-06). XBLA blaster Ion Assault unveiled. Eurogamer. Retrieved on 2009-07-08.
- ↑ Berardini, César (2009-07-06). Black Inc. Announces Ion Assault for Xbox Live Arcade. TeamXbox. Retrieved on 2009-07-08.