KID was founded in 1988, with the capital worth 160 million yen.[ In the early 1990s, it served primarily as a contract developer. Notable titles from this era include ]Burai Fighter, Low G Man, G.I. Joe, Isolated Warrior and Recca. In 1997, it began porting PC games on to video consoles. In 1999, it released its original title called Memories Off on PlayStation, which later became its first well-known series. In 2000, it released another original title called Infinity which became the second well-known series. This game was later renamed Never7 ~the end of infinity~ and Infinity became the series name. It has also created the popular underground PlayStation game Board Game Top Shop.
In 2005, KID became the sponsor for the Japanese drama series Densha Otoko.
According to Mainichi Shinbun, the company has declared bankruptcy in 2006. However in February 2007 it was announced that KID's intellectual properties had been acquired by the corporation Cyber Front, and thus all unfinished projects will be continued under the latter.
Memories Off Series
- Memories Off
- Memories Off 2nd
- You That Become A Memory ~Memories Off~
- Memories Off ~And Then~
- Memories Off ~And Then Again~
- Memories Off #5 The Unfinished Film
- 12Riven -the Ψcliminal of integral-
- Doki! Doki! Yuuenchi: Crazy Land Daisakusen (Famicom)
- Ai Yori Aoshi (PS2 and PC adaption)
- Ryu-Koku (final game released before the bankruptcy)
- Separate Hearts
- Ski Air Mix
- Recca (Famicom Shooter created for the "Summer Carnival '92" gaming tournament)
- We Are*
|This Japanese video game company article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.|
Stubs are articles that writers have begun work on, but are not yet complete enough to be considered finished articles.