Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Gameplay consists of choosing a song to sing (one of 35 in the game); a digital avatar that basically lip syncs the lyrics and dances around the stage as you sing, making the game more entertaining to watch than regular karaoke (the differences between characters are purely aesthetic); and a level for your little person to dance around in.
Once the song begins, you are given the task of singing said tune as closely to the original as possible. Lyrics are represented by lines that scroll across the bottom of the screen. The closer the line is to the bottom, the lower the note. The game recognizes vowel sounds, and only vowel sounds, so it is easy to "cheat" the game by holding one note and adjusting the pitch accordingly.
The following are songs that can be sung in the game. Take note that the music in the game (with the exception of a few exclusive tracks in the Xbox version) are all rerecordings not done by the original artists.
- Addicted - Simple Plan
- I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross
- All You Wanted - Michelle Branch
- It's The End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) - R.E.M.
- Are You Happy Now? - Michelle Branch
- Kiss Me - Sixpence None the Richer
- Believe - Cher
- Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
- Like a Virgin - Madonna
- Bizarre Love Triangle - New Order
- Broken Wings - Mr. Mister
- Red Red Wine - UB40
- Celebrate - Kool & The Gang
- Save Tonight - Eagle Eye Cherry
- Chain of Fools - Aretha Franklin
- Complicated - Avril Lavigne
- She Talks to Angels - Black Crowes
- Crawling in the Dark - Hoobastank
- Don't Know Why - Norah Jones
- Son of a Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield
- Every Morning - Sugar Ray
- The Power of Love - Huey Lewis and the News
- Everything You Want - Vertical Horizon
- Waiting for Tonight - Jennifer Lopez
- Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
- When a Man Loves a Woman - Percy Sledge
- Hey Jealousy - Gin Blossoms
- Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler
- Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benatar
- You Really Got Me - The Kinks
- How You Remind Me - Nickelback
- Ladies' Night - Kool & the Gang
- Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm
- You're the One That I Want - Grease
- Science Genius Girl - Freezepop
Since the original release of the Playstation 2 version, several sequels/ports have been released, going by the titles of Karaoke Revolution Vol. 2 (which added the ability to sing several songs at once via a Medley Mode), Karaoke Revolution Vol. 3 (which added Duets), a release of the original for the Microsoft Xbox that supports downloadable content, and Karaoke Revolution Party for the Playstation 2, Xbox, and Nintendo Gamecube (a first for the series). Karaoke Revolution Party adds extra gameplay modes using a dance pad (such as in Konami's own Dance Dance Revolution) and Sony's own EyeToy for the PS2, continues support for downloadable content for the Xbox, with normal microphone support for the Gamecube.