Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Kimi ga Iru Kara" (君がいるから, "Because You're Here") is a song recorded by Sayuri Sugawara as her second single. The single was released on December 2, 2009 by For Life Music. The song is the theme song for the Japanese release of Final Fantasy XIII. The B-side, "Eternal Love" was also used in the game as the insert song. The other B-side, "Christmas Again" samples a piece of Franz Liszt's work.
The single received poor reviews from critics. Gann of RPGFan called it "vanilla" and said that the single, especially the headline track, was over-produced and uninteresting. While he did not mind "Eternal Love" as much, he still felt that the CD was his least favorite Final Fantasy theme single. Square Enix Music Online had similar opinions of the release, calling it "bland". They felt that while "Kimi ga Iru Kara" was better than "My Hands" and "Eternal Love" still, the single was disappointing both in the context of Final Fantasy singles and of Sugawara's previous discography.
On the Oricon single chart, "Kimi ga Iru Kara" peaked at number 11. The single charted for 11 weeks and is currently her best-selling single, with 36,400 copies sold. The digital version of the song was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of Japan.
|1.||"Kimi ga Iru Kara" (Template:Nihongo2 "Because You Are Here")||Sayuri Sugawara, Yukino Nakajima||5:54|
|2.||"Eternal Love"||S. Sugawara, Y. Nakajima||4:35|
|3.||"Christmas Again"||Kazuki Matsumoto||4:34|
|4.||"Kimi ga Iru Kara (Instrumental)"||S. Sugawara, Y. Nakajima||5:53|
|5.||"Eternal Love (Instrumental)"||S. Sugawara, Y. Nakajima||4:35|
|6.||"Christmas Again (Instrumental)"||K. Matsumoto||4:31|
At a Final Fantasy event, held on November 29, 2009; Sugawara was present and in front of 2,000 Final Fantasy fans she performed both "Kimi ga Iru Kara" and "Eternal Love". Sugawara also performed "Kimi ga Iru Kara" on the December 6, 2009 episode of Music Japan.
- ↑ 「FF XIII」テーマソングがロングヒット、菅原紗由理1stアルバム発売決定 (Japanese). Livedoor News (December 18, 2009). Retrieved on June 16, 2010.
- ↑ 菅原紗由理が歌う「FFXIII」主題歌＆挿入歌が音源化 (Japanese). Livedoor News. Natalie (November 12, 2009). Retrieved on June 16, 2010.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Gann, Patrick (December 12, 2009). Sayuri Sugawara - Because You're Here. RPGFan. Retrieved on May 31, 2010.
- ↑ Solarblade. Final Fantasy XIII: Kimi ga Iru Kara - Sayuri Sugawara :: Review by Solarblade. Square Enix Music Online. Retrieved on June 14, 2010.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 菅原紗由理のシングル売り上げランキング (Japanese). Oricon Style. Oricon. Retrieved on June 16, 2010.
- ↑ Note: Can only be viewed by subscribed users. オリコンランキング情報サービス「you大樹」 君がいるから (Japanese). Oricon. Retrieved on June 16, 2010.
- ↑ レコード協会調べ 1月度有料音楽配信認定 ＜略称：1月度認定＞ (Japanese). Recording Industry Association of Japan. Retrieved on June 16, 2010.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 菅原紗由理、「FF XIII」発売記念イベントでサプライズライブ (Japanese). Livedoor News (November 30, 2009). Retrieved on June 16, 2010.