Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Koichi Ishii (石井 浩一 Ishii Kōichi , born July 9, 1964), sometimes credited as Kouichi Ishii, is a video game designer perhaps best known for creating the Mana series (known as Seiken Densetsu in Japan). He joined Square (now Square Enix) in 1987, where he has directed or produced every game released in the Mana series (as of 2006). He has also contributed to several games in Square Enix's SaGa and Final Fantasy series, and created the well-known chocobo and moogle characters.
Ishii was the head of Square Enix's Product Development Division 8 but has since left Square Enix after the release of the World of Mana compilation. He formed a new developer Grezzo Games, Inc in April of 2007.
|1987||Final Fantasy||planning, battle graphics|
|1988||Final Fantasy II||game design|
|1989||The Final Fantasy Legend||scenario|
|1990||Final Fantasy III||object design|
|1991||Final Fantasy Adventure||director, character design|
|1993||Secret of Mana||director, game design, monster design|
|1995||Seiken Densetsu 3||director, game design|
|1999||Legend of Mana||director|
|Chocobo Stallion||graphics supervisor|
|2002||Final Fantasy XI||director|
|2003||Final Fantasy XI: Rise of the Zilart||director|
|Sword of Mana||producer, game design, monster design|
|2006||Children of Mana||producer|
|Dawn of Mana||director, producer|
|Mario Hoops 3-on-3||graphics, supervisor|
|2007||Heroes of Mana||producer|
|TBA||Line Attack Heroes||game design|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 株式会社グレッゾ 社長メッセージ (Japanese). Grezzo.co.jp. Retrieved on 2009-08-27.
- ↑ Square Co., Ltd.. Final Fantasy Origins. (Square Co., Ltd.). PlayStation. (31 October 2002)
- ↑ IGN - 97. Koichi Ishii. IGN.com. Retrieved on 2009-08-27.
- ↑ Winkler, Chris (September 20, 2003). RPGFan News - Square Enix Talks Current Status. RPGFan.com. Retrieved on 2009-08-27.
- ↑ McLaughlin, Rus (June 2, 2009). E3 2009: Hands-On Line Attack Heroes. IGN.com. Retrieved on 2009-08-27.
|25px||This biographical article relating to a video game specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|