|This article needs to be cleaned up. More information may be found in this article's talk page.(May 2008)|
The Last Man Standing Coop (LMS) Mod is a Doom 3 single player and multiplayer modification. It blends elements from Doom, Doom II, and Doom 3 together into an "LMS Mod" gametype to create a classic Doom experience in a modern environment. The "LMS Mod" gametype is survival in nature, where the player faces swarms of attacking monsters. The mod also fully supports cooperative play in the campaigns of Doom 3 and Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (the expansion pack, which does not have coop support in the Xbox port). Cooperative support for the Classic Doom 3 modification was implemented in version 3.0 (February 23, 2006).
"LMS Mod" gametype
Three distinct map types are present in the "LMS Mod" gametype: Killfest, where players must kill as many monsters as possible; Progression, where the players progress through custom-made levels similar to Doom 3 campaign levels; and Defense, where players are forced to hold off a certain area, protect a VIP, and/or progress backwards, holding off an invasion force of monsters until a timer runs out or an objective is completed. Each level is assigned with a song from the soundtrack featuring several heavy metal songs. Musicians and bands include Skaven, Neurosphere, and Switchblade Masquerade.
Exclusive to the gametype is infrared view, which enables players to see monsters more clearly in the dark. Unique weapons include a double-barrelled shotgun reminiscent of Doom II's, a plasma-based flamethrower, and a "Plasma Sniper" weapon. A wrench, which bears many similarities to the flashlight in combat, replaces the fists as a melee weapon.
- Mod DB's January 2005 Mod of the Month
- 2006 Independent Games Festival Doom 3 Mod of the Year
- Featured in Gamasutra as an Independent Games Festival finalist for Best Doom 3 Mod of the Year
- Macologist Mod of the Year nomination
- Mod DB Mod of the Year, 6th place out of 3600
- ↑ January MOTM "Last Man Standing". Mod DB (2005-01-03). Retrieved on 2009-01-29
- ↑ "GDC: Darwinia Takes Top Prize At 2006 IGF". Gamasutra. 2006-03-23. http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=8643. Retrieved 2009-01-29.
- ↑ The 11th Annual Independent Games Festival (Last Man Standing is at approximately 6:30)
- ↑ "IGF 2006 Modding Competition Finalists Announced". Gamasutra. 2006-01-15. http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=7796. Retrieved 2009-01-29.
- ↑ Macologist Mod of the Year 2005. Macologist (2006-01-13). Retrieved on 2009-01-29
- ↑ Feature: Mods of 2005. Mod DB. Retrieved on 2009-01-29
- ↑ Doom 3 1.3.1 Rev A. apple.com. Retrieved on 2009-01-29
- Last Man Standing Coop Site
- Platinum Arts
- Platinum Arts Sandbox - Free Open Source 3D Game Design For Kids and Adults