Playable character table
Characters are listed in alphabetical order.
Characters only in Warriors Orochi series
- Orochi (远吕智), the Serpent King and the mythological beast of Yamato.
- Da Ji (妲己), the villainous concubine of King Zhou of Shang from Fengshen Yanyi.
- Taigong Wang, also known as Jiang Ziya, was a legendary military strategist and the most famous Prime Minister from the Zhou Dynasty of China. He is the one who can easily outmatch Da Ji's strategic thinking and ordered her execution personally in their own world. He has a rather cocky and egotistic personality. He uses a fishing rod as a weapon.
- Kiyomori Taira was a military general from the Heian Period of Japan. He is allied with Orochi and is part of his resurrection. He uses a set of gigantic prayer beads as a weapon.
- Yoshitsune Minamoto was another military general from the Heian Period, opposing Kiyomori. He can fight Lu Bu evenly match and even unscathed, which surprised Wu. He wields a lightsaber-like gauntlet that is attached to his arm and can fire energy projectiles with it. He is a rather typical samurai.
- Sun Wukong, also known as The "Monkey King", is the main character from Journey to the West, one of the Four Great Classical Novels of Chinese literature (which includes Romance of the Three Kingdoms). As in every incarnation of him, he utilizes his famous Ruyi Jingu Bang as his weapon. In order to be released from confinement by Kiyomori, Sun Wukong fights for the Orochi army. He is a playful monkey and also quite arrogant.
- Himiko was the ancient Japanese shaman queen known for her relationship with the Kingdom of Wei of China. She utilizes a set of energy-firing Dogu dolls. She has a sister-like relationship with Da Ji and both are very protective of each other.
- Orochi X (Shin Orochi in Japanese version) is the revived form of Orochi. Having been revived by Kiyomori Taira and Da Ji, this new form of Orochi is more powerful and evil than before. He utilizes his same scythe as his first form, but has a more powerful moveset.
- Benkei was a warrior monk of the Heian period, most famously known for his loyalty to Minamoto no Yoshitsune, and his collection of weapons. He wields a giant glove (which conceals a cannon, flamethrower, a wooden block connected to a chain and a jet) as his weapon and is under the "PWR" category
- San Zang is the central character of the classic Chinese epic Journey to the West, where Sun Wukong also originated from. However, in a break of traditional portrayals, Sanzang in Warriors Orochi Z is portrayed as a female. Her weapons are her sleeves, a la House of Flying Daggers and is under the "SPD" category
- Dodomeki and Gyuki, two Orochi army generals that were only playable in the VS and Survival mode of Warriors Orochi 2, have been made into fully fledged characters that can be used throughout the entire game, complete with updated and improved movesets.
- REDIRECT Template:Dynasty Warriors