Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Many tools called game engines are available for game designers to code a game quickly and easily without building from the ground up.
- Namco Galaxian engine — Created by Namco, this 2D sprite/tile engine was used for many golden age arcade games running on the Namco Galaxian arcade system board.
- Polygonizer — An early polygonal 3D engine developed by Namco for arcade games running on the System 21 arcade system board.
- Sega Model 2 engine — Developed by Sega AM2 and used by various arcade games running on the Sega Model 2 arcade system board.
- Super Scaler — Created by Sega AM2, this pseudo-3D engine was used for many Sega arcade games running on system boards ranging from Sega Space Harrier to System 32.
- Infernal Engine — Created by Terminal Reality, provides rendering, physics, sound, AI, and metrics for game development. Used in several games such as Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars, Bass Pro Shops: The Strike and Roogoo: Twisted Towers.