The program supports a variety of popular functions found in the high-end MUD clients, such as aliases (input abbreviations), hotkeys, triggers (text-matching), command-execution timing, variables, multi-session support, ansi-colour customisation and speed-walking. Other notable features include the search through the comparatively huge scrollback and user-input histories as well as MUD-server independent chat for increased privacy. In July 2008, as part of the 4.34 release, support for "miniwindows" - scriptable rectangles of space on the screen which can be drawn to directly - was added, allowing plugin developers to create widget-like visual representations of MUD data.
Although primarily written for Microsoft Windows, MUSHclient has been successfully run both under the Linux Operating System, by using the Wine, and the Mac OS X via Boot Camp and Parallels Desktop for Mac.
- ↑ Gammon, Nick (2010-05-19). MUSHclient release notes.
- ↑ Gammon, Nick (2007-12-24). MUSHclient's features.
- ↑ Gammon, Nick (2008-7-26). MUSHclient 4.34 release notes.
- ↑ Gammon, Nick (2008-7-26). MUSHclient miniwindows documentation.
- ↑ Gammon, Nick (2007-06-12). How to localize MUSHclient messages into other languages.
- ↑ Gammon, Nick (2004-11-27). Running MUSHclient under Wine (Linux).
- ↑ Gammon, Nick (2007-12-22). How to install MUSHclient under Ubuntu (Linux).
- ↑ Bobbiac (18.05.2007). MUSHclient in OS X (Mactel Only. Sorry PPC People.).