Mad Tracks is a Micro Machines-style racing game. It was developed by Load Inc. for the PC (under Microsoft Windows) and was released in 2006. The Xbox 360 version was released on Xbox Live Arcade on May 30, 2007 for 800 Microsoft Points ($10 USD).
Mad Tracks has a single player mode and a multiplayer mode. In single player your objective is to achieve the highest trophy (Gold) by completing objectives, from racing around a track to landing your car on a face-down dart board.
In Mad Tracks online it is very similar to the single player. You can have up to 4 players in a single game and if you are the host you can choose the level you play at with the same objectives as single player. There is another feature allowing you to change the color of your car easily accessed by the Xbox 360 controller 'x' button, Allowing you to cycle through red, blue, yellow, green, purple, pink, black
In single player your task again is to complete the set tasks. You compete against the computer and at one point you have an ally helping you (Foosball) When you start the game you will be given a block of levels to complete. (There are 2 other blocks of levels slated as downloadable content, the release date is TBA)
Also to your accomplishment are a huge selection of gadgets to which you can unlock as you pass through levels. These range from turning people over using rockets to freezing people to ice blocks.
- Rocket Launcher
- Effects: Knocks cars over or off the track if timed right.
- Disadvantages: inaccurate require lock-on to get a perfect hit.
- Ice Freeze/Ice Gun
- Effects: Freezes enemies making it harder for them to steer
- Disadvantages: They are still able to move and again requires a lock-on.
- Effects: Hits the player in first place of the race with the same effects as the rocket launcher.
- Disadvantages: Takes about 10 seconds to hit someone.
- Bad Box/Evil Box
- Effects: Disguised as an evil box but if hit inverts the controls.
- Disadvantages: You could hit it yourself, it inverts the controls for moving the car so left goes right and right goes left.
- Rocket Boost
- Effects: Faster Speed when activated.
- Disadvantages: Can knock you off if used near an edge.
- Bubble Shield
- Effects: Shields from incoming attacks and knocks enemies back if close-by to them.
- Disadvantages: Limited Time of usage.
- Barrel launcher
- Effects: Trips over enemy cars if caught in trail.
- Disadvantages: Spread around quite a lot and could affect your progress.
- Time Stop
- Effects: Slows down time, Does not stop it completely.
- Disadvantages: Rarely found in most maps.
- Effects: causes cars to slip and get off course.
- Disadvantages: It is rare for someone to run over it.
Xbox 360 Downloadable Content
There are two content packages coming out for Mad Tracks, and a third one is rumored. Each pack cost 350 MS pts, and added 15 challenges.
- Adds 10 races and 5 mini games
- Release date: June 27, 2007
- Release date July 25, 2007
- Rumored content package