Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Morality is measured in Mass Effect by Paragon points and Renegade points. Unlike many games, such as Knights of the Old Republic, that feature morality as a sliding scale, Mass Effect keeps track of the paragon and renegade points on separate scales. A good action will not make-up for an evil one and being nice occasionally would not stop people from fearing a killer or remove the reputation of a unsympathetic heel.
Paragon points are gained for compassionate and heroic actions. The paragon measurement is colored blue. Points are often gained when asking about feelings and motivations of characters. The paragon scale affects Charm and more as defined below:
- 5% - Opens 2 Charm ranks, gives 1 free Charm point.
- 25% - Opens 2 Charm ranks, gives 1 Charm point, 10% First Aid cooldown.
- 50% - 10% Bonus health.
- 75% - Achievement, opens 2 Charm ranks, gives 1 free Charm point and 5% reduction in cooldown on all powers.
Renegade points are gained for apathetic or ruthless actions. The renegade measurement is colored red. Many sarcastic and joking remarks are assigned renegade points. The renegade scale affects Intimidate and more as defined below:
- 5% - Opens 2 Intimidate ranks, gives 1 Intimidate point.
- 25% - Opens 2 Intimidate ranks, gives 1 Intimidate point, 10% reduction in weapon powers cooldown.
- 50% - 1 health regeneration per second.
- 75% - Achievement, opens 2 Intimidate ranks, gives 1 Intimidate point, 5% increase in damage/duration on all weapons and powers