|Please help improve this article by expanding it. Further information might be found on the talk page. (June 2010)|
Max Payne 3 is an upcoming third-person shooter video game developed by Rockstar Vancouver and will be published by Rockstar Games for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. This is the first game in the series not to be developed by Finnish game developer Remedy Entertainment and not being written by series creator Sam Lake.
The game was originally scheduled for release in late 2009. However, it was pushed back to 2010 alongside several other Take Two Interactive franchises in order to "benefit from having more development time." In June 2010, the game was again pushed back to 2011.
According to Rockstar's Sam Houser, they are starting a new chapter of Max's life with the game. "This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever." Since the last game, the press release states Max has left New York behind and has "drifted from bad to worse." The press release then goes on to say Max has been double-crossed in this new city and he is searching for the truth and a way out. The game will be set in São Paulo, where Payne is working in the private security sector for a wealthy local family, set 12 years after the events of the second game.
- ↑ Bramwell, Tom (June 10, 2009). Balding Max Payne 3 sighted. EuroGamer. Retrieved on 2009-06-10
- ↑ IGN: Max Payne 3 Details Emerge
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Rockstar Games Announces Max Payne 3 for Winter 2009. Take-Two Interactive (2009-03-23). Retrieved on 2009-03-23
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Max Payne 3 Announced!. RockstarWatch.net (2009-03-23). Retrieved on 2009-03-23
- ↑ Max Payne 3 delayed; Redemption sells 5 million; GTAIV sells 17 million. RockstarWatch.net (June 8, 2010). Retrieved on 2010-06-19
- ↑ Max Payne 3 details from Game Informer hit the web
|40x30px||This third-person shooter video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|