Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Momotaro Densetsu (桃太郎伝説 Momotarō Densetsu , Peachboy Legend) (also known by the abbreviated name Momoden) is a console role-playing game series in Japan featuring the character Momotarō from Japanese folklore, as well as other Japanese folklore characters such as Kintarō, Urashima Tarō, and Princess Kaguya of The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter.
Started in 1987, the series is produced by Hudson Soft. The title is sometimes confused with that of Momotaro Dentetsu, another video game series by Hudson Soft. As with Momotaro Dentetsu, the project supervisor for the Momotaro Densetsu series is Akira Sakuma, with illustration by Takayuki Doi (土居 孝幸) and main music production by Kazuyuki Sekiguchi of Southern All Stars.
In addition to the Momotaro Densetsu and Momotaro Dentetsu series, Hudson has produced several other video games in the Momotaro franchise, including the Momotaro Festival (桃太郎まつり Momotarō Matsuri ) series, the Momotaro Thunderbolt (桃太郎電劇 Momotarō Dengeki ) series, and Momotaro Katsugeki (桃太郎活劇).
A Momotaro Densetsu anime series was also broadcast, which had its own spinoff, PEACH COMMAND: New Peachboy Legend (PEACH COMMAND 新桃太郎伝説), featuring a different storyline set in outer space.
- Momotaro Densetsu (桃太郎伝説) (Famicom: 1987-10-26, PlayStation: 1998-12-23)
- Momotaro Densetsu Turbo (桃太郎伝説ターボ) (PC Engine: 1990-07-20)
- Momotaro Densetsu Ⅱ (桃太郎伝説Ⅱ) (PC Engine: 1990-12-22)
- Momotaro Densetsu Gaiden (桃太郎伝説外伝) (Game Boy: 1991-12-26, PC Engine: 1992-12-04, Famicom: 1993-12-17)
- Shin Momotaro Densetsu (新桃太郎伝説) (Super Famicom: 1993-12-24)
- Momotaro Densetsu 1→2 (桃太郎伝説1→2) (Game Boy Color: 2001-01-01)