Monsters vs. Aliens is a 2009 video game based on the film with the same name. The game was released on March 24, 2009 on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 2, and Wii.
The game, developed by Beenox on all platforms except the Nintendo DS which was developed by Amaze Entertainment, allows users to play through scenes from the movie as Ginormica, B.O.B., and The Missing Link, and features drop-in/out co-op.
Players take control of B.O.B., Missing Link, Dr. Cockroach PHD, and Ginormica/Susan Murphy in all platforms plus Insectosaurus on the Nintendo DS version of the game. Each level is divided into multiple stages in which the player takes control of each monster's unique abilities to fight off enemies. The Missing Link can stick to the sides of large robotic bosses, take control of missal turrets, and agilely outwit his opponents with superior acrobatic skills, B.O.B. will have to solve complex one step at a time 3-D mazes, can turn floating plasma generators into personal Turrets, slide through grates and use enemies as living Key cards/ammunition, Dr. Cockroach serves as a secondary co-op player to B.O.B. or The Missing Link with new abilities such as the tractor beam being purchased in the DNA lab, and finally Ginormica will use cars, Jeeps and hover platforms as roller skates to dash, Kick, Jump, and Duck through enemies and fight all bosses to devastate enemies. The music was composed by Jim Dooley, with live brass recorded at the Warner Brothers Eastwood Scoring Stage.
The game received mixed to positive reviews from critics. The PlayStation 2 version of the game received a 64/100 from Metacritic, and the Xbox 360 received 63/100. All platforms scored 5/10 at IGN, with an exception for the Nintendo DS version, which scored a 3/10.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Monsters vs. Aliens - Release Summary
- ↑ BBFC rating of Monsters vs. Aliens
- ↑ "Monsters vs. Aliens Review". http://gamefreaks365.com/review.php?artid=1641. Retrieved 2009-07-11.
- ↑ Dan Goldwasser (2009-03-09). "Jim Dooley scores the Monsters vs. Aliens video game". ScoringSessions.com. http://www.scoringsessions.com/news/168/. Retrieved 2009-03-15.
- ↑ Monsters vs. Aliens For PlayStation 2
- ↑ Monsters vs. Aliens For Xbox 360
- ↑ Monsters vs. Aliens - IGN