Monty Python & the Quest for the Holy Grail is an adventure game created by 7th Level in 1996 for Windows. The game is based on the 1975 film Monty Python and the Holy Grail and was the second of three Monty Python games created by 7th Level.
The game aesthetics are a mixture of photo realistic rendering and the comic style of Terry Gilliam. The objective is to move through the world and collect a series of objects in order to cross the bridge of death. The game also contains a series of sketches and audio clips not present in the film, including an alternative reason for the minstrel's disappearance.
Many minigames are available to play along the way, including a Tetris clone using dead plague victims, a whack-a-mole game where a knight has to spank virgins in a bed (points are deducted for spanking the bare-cheeked women) and a Simon says game where the player has to remember the order that four different coloured burning witches scream in. The majority of the game is a point and click interface, where the player must also collect items to complete puzzles, and complete the missing planks on the bridge of death.
- Terry Gilliam - Director
- Terry Jones - Director / voice actor
- Steve Martino - Creative Director
- Alex Yevgenyev - Technical Director
- Charles Otte - Producer
- Robert Alan Ezrin - Executive Producer
- Eric Idle - Executive Producer / Writing Consultant / voice actor
- Hollis Leech - Supervising Producer
- Jon M. Greenwood - Line Producer
- Bert Jennett - Writer
- Peter Crabb - Writing Consultant
- Ron Wasserman - Music
- Michael Palin - Voice actor