Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mortal Kombat (Also known as Mortal Kombat 9 and Mortal Kombat 2011) is a fighting game developed by NetherRealm Studios and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. It is a reboot of the Mortal Kombat video game franchise.
The game starts during the events of Armageddon, Shao Kahn has won and is about to kill Raiden. Before Shao Kahn kills him, Raiden sends a message to his past self telling him "He must win.", Raiden is unsure what the message means, and who "He" is.
Mortal Kombat is a 2D fighting game that uses 3D models. Players can create combos by using various attacks, there is also a new attack called an "X-Ray", which can be activated by using 3 bars of Super Meter, the attack will take a large portion of the enemy's health, as well as X-Raying their body showing you how much damage you did to them. The game also has "Fatalities", which can be used when the player doesn't have anymore Health and the announcer says "Finish Him!" (or "Finish Her!"), using a Fatality will kill your enemy in a bloody and brutal way, and give the player extra "Koins" to use in the "Krypt".
On February 28, 2012 (US), Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition was released. It includes nothing new, but it includes all the DLC for FREE and is available for other platforms, which are the PlayStation Vita and Microsoft Windows.
(NOTE: All DLC Characters and Klassic Costumes are FREE in the "Komplete Edition" version and the PlayStation Vita version of the game, as well as additional Alternate Costumes and Klassic Costumes in the PlayStation Vita version of the game.)
Mortal Kombat includes 27 playable characters and 4 DLC characters. The PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita versions of Mortal Kombat also includes an exclusive character, making the roster a total of 28 (32 if you have the Komplete Edition or all DLC).
- Liu Kang
- Kung Lao
- Johnny Cage
- Noob Saibot
- Sonya Blade
- Shang Tsung
- Quan Chi
- Cyber Sub-Zero
- Kratos (PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita-exclusive Character. Kratos, from the God of War video game series.)
- Skarlet (A new character in the series)
- Freddy Kruger (From The Nightmare on Elm Street movie series)
(NOTE: All DLC Costumes and Characters are FREE in the "Komplete Edition" version of the game.)
Mortal Kombat also includes downloadable Characters and Costumes, as well as "Compatibility Packs" to allow players to use their DLC Characters while playing with you.
Klassic Skins Pack
- Includes MK1 Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile and Ermac. As well as MK3 Kitana, Jade and Mileena.
- As a Bonus, the pack also includes an extra Fatality for Sub-Zero, Scorpion and Reptile.
MK3 Cyrax and Sektor
- MK3 costumes for both Cyrax and Sektor.
- (NOTE: You must download "Compatibility Pack 1" to be able to use these Skins.
MKII Noob Saibot and Smoke
- MKII costumes for both Noob Saibot and Smoke.
- (NOTE: You must download "Compatibility Pack 2" to be able to use these Skins.
MKII Kitana and Jade
- MKII costumes for both Kitana and Jade.
- (NOTE: You must download "Compatibility Pack 3" to be able to use these Skins.
MK3 Sub-Zero and Cyber Sub-Zero
- MK3 costumes for both Sub-Zero and Cyber Sub-Zero.
- (NOTE: You must download "Compatibility Pack 4" to be able to use these Skins.
- Skarlet (A new character in the series)
- Freddy Kruger (From the Nightmare on Elm Street movie series)
- Compatibility Pack 1
- Compatibility Pack 2
- Compatibility Pack 3
- Compatibility Pack 4
- A huge audio leak happened before the game's release. One of the audio files was the announcer saying "Brutality!", although, the Brutality finisher never made it into the full game. Ed Boon confirmed on his Twitter page that Brutalities was going to be in the game, but had to be removed due to time constraints.
- Ed Boon confirmed on his Twitter page that Endurance and Survival Modes were going to be in the game, but much like the Brutalities, they had to be removed due to time constraints.
- An audio file for the announcer saying "Fujin!" was found. Many believed he was going to be the 4th DLC Character, but it turned out it was Freddy Kruger. It's unknown if the audio file was fake, or if he was going to be in the game, but was removed so they can add Freddy in as a guest character.