MotoGP '07 is the fifth game in THQ's MotoGP series for Xbox 360 and PC. The purchase of the Climax Racing studio, developer of most of the previous titles in the series, from Climax Studios by Disney Interactive Studios led to speculation over who would be developing the game. However, a promo video on the Xbox Live Marketplace confirmed that Climax Studios were still involved in MotoGP '07.
MotoGP '07 features complete rider and team data, new 800cc MotoGP bikes and all 18 circuit of the 2007 MotoGP season. The title also features interactive track-side crowds, on-line tournament features, on-line "pink slip" racing, and a revamped Extreme mode. The revamped Extreme mode allows for over one million possible bike customizations.
In addition, minor gameplay changes have been made to the handling and braking to allow for easier player accessibility. Changes to acceleration and deceleration have been made to add to the realism which will make turns easier to navigate through. Slight fishtailing with hard braking has been put in to give a better feel for the handling of the bike and to let the player know how effective their braking is.
Also, the ability of the player to customise their bikes is greatly increased. In Extreme mode the player can upgrade their bike with various performance modifications: carbon brakes, race exhausts, magnesium/carbon wheels etc. In Grand Prix mode, the customisation is limited to visual upgrades, though MotoGP'07 now allows players greater control over the appearance of their bike. Despite this, some players have complained that the visual modifications are still fairly restrictive - the main criticism is that the custom paintwork option still restricts the player to the same limited amount of customisation as the previous games, despite the fact that the overall visual modification option has been overhauled. This leaves the player unable to design or customise the paint on their bike to approximate the level of design detail achieved by other AI racers.. Whether this issue will be resolved in future patches is not known.
The game features Ilmor GP to ride with but not against. In real life Ilmor rider Jeremy McWilliams crashed before the first Round of the season in Qatar resulting in him not being able to take part in the race. Andrew Pitt, the second Rider, raced alone, this also applies in the game. The player whilst in Career or Championship Mode will only race against Pitt and not McWilliams. However Pitt does not feature in any more races as Ilmor pulled out of the 2007 Championship.
However Jeremy McWilliams and Andrew Pitt are available to use as a playable rider in both Quick and Championship Races.
- Kellik - "Candyfloss"
- Carter Brown - "Say Hello (Edit)"
- CrashCarBurn - "Scarlet Letter"
- CrashCarBurn - "Sing This At My Wake"
- One Armed Louis - "Here Comes Johnny"
- One Armed Louis - "Come On Home"
- Daniel Lenz - "Massive Mellow"
- When Sparks Fly - "Finding The Weapons of Self Destruction"
- The Dirty Secrets - "White Lies"
- Standing Shadows - "One Way Ticket"
- Stereo Black - "Fall Again
MotoGP '07 had a somewhat protracted release in the United Kingdom. While the Xbox release proceeded as planned, the PC version was delayed twice, originally delayed until the first week of September, and then delayed again until the eventual release date of September 28th.
Repsol Honda Team
Yamaha Tech 3
- Template:Country data USA = Kenny Roberts Jnr.
Konica Minolta Honda
- Template:Country data JPN = Shinya Nakano
- Template:Country data ESP = Carlos Checa
- Template:Country data QAT = Losail
- Template:Country data ESP = Jerez
- Template:Country data Turkey = Istanbul
- Template:Country data China = Shanghai
- Template:Country data FRA = Le Mans
- Template:Country data ITA = Mugello
- Template:Country data Catalonia = Catalunya
- Template:Country data GBR = Donington
- Template:Country data NED = Assen
- Template:Country data GER = Sachsenring
- Template:Country data USA = Laguna Seca
- Template:Country data CZE = Brno
- Template:Country data San Marino = Misano
- Template:Country data POR = Estoril
- Template:Country data Japan= Motegi
- Template:Country data AUS= Phillip Island
- Template:Country data Malaysia= Sepang
- Template:Country data Valencia= Valencia
- MotoGP '07 Official Website
- MotoGP '07 at GameSpot
- MotoGP '07 at IGN
- All About MotoGP Gaming International MotoGP Racing Community