Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
NGD Studios is a game development company located in Buenos Aires, Argentina. They started as a three group fusion and were the creators of an acclaimed game for a construction kit toy called Mis Ladrillos, which is similar to Lego toys.
They later created a mobile gaming division. Making games for known brands like Axe and doing development for the multinational GlobalFun. After some successful games, GlobalFun acquired the mobile division from NGD Studios.
They are currently continuing development of a real-time, 3D massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) which emphasizes flexible gameplay and dynamic content. The game is called Regnum Online and it has been in development for more than 5 years before its release in the first quarter, 2007. The game was intended for the Spanish speaking market at the beginning but then improved enough to be targeted for other zones as well.
The game uses a proprietary engine called NG3D which was built from scratch with Massive Multiplayer games in mind. It supports a variety of features found in today's engines, such as hardware shaders support, continuous world loading, asynchronous resource management and a flexible gameplay system.
Regnum Online was officially released on may 24th, 2007. Any information about future expansions and features have been not disclosed yet.
There are some unnofficial rumours obtained from the official Regnum Online forums, that claim that NGD Studios is working on a new iteration of the NG3D engine, specially tailored for multi-platform and next-gen games.
Games developed by NGD Studios
- (2002) Mis ladrillos
- (2003) Mis ladrillos 2: El Misterio de los Ladrillos Maestros (Programming and Game design by Caiman and Art, Music and Sound by NGD Studios)
- Regnum Online
Games developed by Globalfun Argentina (formerly NGD Studios mobile division)
- 3d Quad Puzzle
- Absolute Puzzle (programming only)
- Absolute Puzzle Deluxe
- Absolute Puzzle Split
- Absolute Puzzle Winter Edition
- Atomic Betty
- Axe - Marcales el camino
- Axe - Tetris
- Billy the Kid
- Billy the Kid 2
- Darwin's ocean's life
- Robin Hood
Other games developed by team members
- (1995) Regnum: (RTS) First CD-ROM game published in Argentina. Developed by Conde Software.
- (1996) Regnum 2: (RTS) Sequel to Regnum, published in Argentina, Chile and Uruguay with over 10,000 copies sold. Developed by Conde Software.
- (1997) Pentagon: (RTS) 3rd prize award winner, Enix Internet Entertainment Contest, Japan. Developed by Conde Software.
- (1998) Crisis: (RTS) Canceled
- (2001) Argentum Online: (MMORPG) Very popular Online game, with more than 10,000 users, originally developed by Pablo Marquez (Noland Studios), Matías Pequeño and Fernando Testa (both NGD Studios founding members).
- NGD Studios Official website
- Regnum Online (English site)
- Regnum Online (Spanish site)
- Global Fun
- Mis Ladrillos (in Spanish)