- This article is a generic description of Namco's "Pole Position" hardware. For the specific arcade game, see Pole Position.
Namco Pole Position specifications
- Main CPU (Central Processing Unit) processor : Zilog Z80 (8/16-bit) @ 3.1 MHz (0.45 MIPS)
- Secondary CPU processors : 2 x Zilog Z8002 (16/32-bit) @ 3.1 MHz each
- Microcontroller CPU : Fujitsu MB8844 (4-bit) @ 256 KHz
- Sound CPU : Uses one of the secondary CPUs for the sound as well
- Sound chips : Namco WSG (4-bit) @ 48 KHz, Namco 52XX @ 1.6 MHz, DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter)
- Graphics chips: 3x Namco 02xx Custom Shifter, 2x Namco 03xx Playfield Data Buffer, Namco 04xx Address Buffer, Namco 09xx Sprite RAM Buffer
- Other chips : Two custom I/O controllers (type 1) handles the controls and the speech.
- Video resolution : 256x224
- Colours on screen : 3840
- Graphical features: Scrolling, sprite-scaling
List of Namco Pole Position arcade games