Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Namco Thunder Ceptor is a 16-bit arcade game system board which was used by Namco in 1986 for the Thunder Ceptor video games. It was the company's most powerful system board at the time. The hardware was capable of pseudo-3D sprite scaling and stereoscopic 3D. It was succeeded by the Namco System 1 and Namco System 2 in 1987.
- CPU: 6.0928 MIPS
- Sound chips:
- GPU chip: Namco C45 (Land Generator)
- Display resolution: 256 scanlines
- Standard: 272×224 pixels (single output)
- Stereoscopic 3D: 544×224 pixels (272×224 output for each eye with 3D glasses)
- Refresh rate: 60.60606 Hz
- Sprite capabilities: Pseudo-3D sprite scaling
- Sprite sizes: 16×16, 32×32
- Colors per sprite: 16 (4-bit)
- Sprites on screen: Dozens
- Sprites per scanline: 512 bytes sprite line buffer RAM, 64 to 256 bytes per sprite, 2 to 8 sprites per scanline, 512 sprite texels per scanline
- Background planes:
- 2 tilemap layers: 8×8 tiles
- Road layer: Proto-Mode-7-like scaling & rotation
List of Games