|This article needs to be cleaned up for the following reason: Needs to be cleaned up to match the lost status.. Additional information may be found on this article's talk page.|
Nicktropolis was a game on Nick.com where users with a NickName (username) and password could safely chat to their friends by using either pre-written messages or the Nick Safe Chat dictionary, which blocks out offensive language. Users could also chat with chatterbots posing as Nicktoons such as SpongeBob SquarePants, Danny Phantom, Jimmy Neutron, Aang and Manny Rivera. Users could buy items in Nicktropolis "stores" with NickPoints, which is the Nicktropolis currency. In August 2006 there was a long closing of Nicktropolis.
Nick.com began construction on Nicktropolis in February 2006, and it went Alpha, or Pre-Beta, on March 14. At that time, Nicktropolis' population was limited to about 500, thus Nicktropolis was fairly quiet. However, Nicktropolis was open to non-users at the time.
Nicktropolis goes Beta
On June 18, 2006, Nicktropolis was closed for a short time to begin its beta phase. Also, Nicktropolis was closed to non-users, and only open to users with NickNames. All went smoothly in Nicktropolis until somewhat of a Nicktropolis tragedy, which was August 18, 2006 at 5:00 PM.
From 5:00 PM on August 18 to 10:30 AM on January 6, Nicktropolis was in its tragic closing. Many NickNames hosted electronic "riots" against Nicktropolis creators. They are under fire until finally opening Nicktropolis to the beta testers on January 6 at 10:30 AM.
After almost 5 months of being closed, Nicktropolis was finally opened to the original testers. It was fairly quiet, because the only way into Nicktropolis was Wikipedia, which many NickNames have never heard of.
The official public opening
On March 6, Nicktropolis was finally opened to the public and linked to Nick.com so NickNames could get to it.
As of May 17, the Nicktropolis population was 3,231,125, which makes it bigger than Manhattan by population. Nicktropolis' homepage was redone on May 11 to match Nick.com's new look. All of the angry message board posts have been deleted since the opening, and there are few reports of anger. Nicktropolis has new safety features from reporting safety concerns to accepting ground rules. Nicktropolis is now considered somewhat of a "safe RuneScape for kids."
|Alpha||March 14, 2006|
|Beta 1||June 18, 2006|
|Beta 2||January 6, 2007|
|Full Release||March 6, 2007|
There have been, and are many places in Nicktropolis, including:
- Rec Center (inside)
- Rec Center (outside)
- Treasure Hunt
- Nick Mag comic Shop
- Transformers Game
- Alien Planet
- Hotel For dogs Game
- The Undersea Volcano
- The Castle Ruins
- The Lost Ships
- The Store
- Decor Nation
- Seasonal Store (CLOSED, except still accessible by slime door. (Slime door is a portal that takes to a random room.))
- Wild Walls and Floors
- Gadget Universe
- Toy Store
- Gamers HQ
- The Entrance
- The Waterfall
- Duck Pond
- Sports Field
- Front Gate
- Nicktropolis Space Center
- Midway 1
- Midway 2
- Fortune Teller
- Tube Room (currently closed)
- Slime Room
- Mirror Room (currently closed)
- House of Horrors - home to Shocktober
- Bumper Cars
Bikini Bottom (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- General Store
- Krusty Krab
- The Reef
- SpongeBob's House
- Squidward's House
- Patrick's House
Miracle City (El Tigre)
- The Riveras
- General Store
- Manny's Bedroom
Amity Park (Danny Phantom)
- Fenton Works
- Casper High
- General Store
Avatar Nations (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
- Water Palace
- Fire Tent
- Air Temple
- General Market
- Ba Sing Se
Retroville (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius)
- Jimmy's Lab
- General Store
- Candy Bar
Naked Brothers Band
- Fuzzy Room
- Studio Left
- NickMag Trivia
- Fashion Stage
New Multi Player Challenges
- Hotel For Dogs Game
- gather up all the dogs from downtown Nicktropolis before the dogs catchers
- Collect as many cubes as possible for your side
2007 Kids' Choice Awards
- Orange Carpet
- Voting Room
- Control Room
- KCA Store
- Ice Cave
- Bumper Burgs
- Snow Fort
- KCA 2009
- KCA swap shop 2009
- Secret Newsletter Store 
- Secret Tak Store 
- Secrete Tak Store 
- Newsletter Clothing Store 
- NickPoints are the official Nick.com digital currency. They can be used to buy trading cards or buy items in a Nicktropolis store.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get to the "Closed down seasonal store"?
- Find someone with the link or google it. (Doubtful to find a link, by any chance if you have a link, please pot it HERE.)
- Use the slime door (Door that takes you to a random room, use NICKZa's room)
- How do I get to the KCA Zone or the KCA Store?
- You NEED a link
- How do I get to the newsletter?
- Use the "Secret Locations" section in this wikia document to get to any of them.
Big Green Help Treasure Hunt Prizes
- The Wisdom Tree
- Can Crusher
- Wind Whipper (currently not working)
|March 4, 2006||Nicktropolis released as an Alpha|
|June 18, 2006||Nicktropolis is released as a Beta|
|August 18, 2006||The Nicktropolis ground rules are set|
|August 18, 2006 at 5:00 PM||Nicktropolis closed for re-modeling|
|January 1, 2007||Nicktropolis was scheduled to re-open|
|January 6, 2007||Nicktropolis re-opened to beta testers|
|March 6, 2007||Nicktropolis opened to the public|
|May 11, 2007||Nicktropolis home page is re-modeled with added news, polls, and weather forecasts written by users.|
- Nicktropolis' population is over 3 million as of May 13.
- Nicktropolis' homepage was redone on May 11, 2007 to fit in with Nick.com's new look, which was applied on Wednesday.
- During Nicktropolis' closing, many beta testers expressed their anger on the message boards.
- Users can create a fish in the Aquarium, but they have to be fed and played with often.
- The Treasure Hunt did not offer prizes for the first few weeks.
- The Treasure Hunt gets a new prize every Wednesday.
- Nicktropolis is updated every Friday.
- Nicktropolis is getting new rooms regularly.
- The statue of Aang (a previous treasure hunt prize) is seen in Decor Nation, however it is not available to buy.
- There is a daily "newspaper" in Nicktropolis called Nicktropolis News.
- Nicktropolis re-done another time to match nick's newest look
- Nicktropolis (requires a NickName and password)