Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Nigel Mansell's F-1 Challenge is a Super Famicom video game that takes places in the Formula One circuit. The player can race a single race, do a season of Formula One, or practice their skills on a particular race track. Either music, sound effects, or both can be shut off on the options menu. The changing of the tires is mandatory on pit road during the middle of each race, and weather can determine whether the player should use hard tires, soft tires, or rain tires. Before the beginning of the race, it is possible to change some aspects of the car, such as spoilers, tires and gearbox.
Being licensed by Mansell, the game followed the 1992 Formula One season, which he won. The player takes on Mansell's role to try and win the title again, against eleven other drivers. Like Sega's own Super Monaco GP, each of them belongs to their own team (instead of common F1 format of two drivers per constructor), however all are real-life drivers. The 12 drivers are:
- Template:Country data UK Nigel Mansell (Williams-Renault) (player character)
- Template:Country data Brazil Ayrton Senna (McLaren-Honda)
- Template:Country data Germany Michael Schumacher (Benetton)
- Template:Country data Finland Mika Häkkinen (Lotus)
- Template:Country data France Jean Alesi (Ferrari)
- Template:Country data Italy Andrea de Cesaris (Tyrrell)
- Template:Country data Japan Aguri Suzuki (Footwork)
- Template:Country data France Érik Comas (Ligier)
- Template:Country data Austria Karl Wendlinger (March)
- Template:Country data Italy Pierluigi Martini (Dallara)
- Template:Country data Japan Ukyo Katayama (Venturi Larrousse)
- Template:Country data Italy Stefano Modena (Jordan)