N3II: Ninety-Nine Nights, or simply Ninety-Nine Nights II, is a sequel to the Xbox 360 hack and slash role-playing video game Ninety-Nine Nights. The game was officially unveiled at Microsoft's TGS 2008 press conference, exclusively for Xbox 360. A demo for the game was released on the Xbox Live marketplace on May 27, 2010.
Developed by feelplus, the game's art style is noticeably darker than its predecessor. You can also battle in the online co-op mode with armies featuring more than one million troops.
At the Konami E3 press conference, the lead producer of the series, Tak Fujii noted that the sequel has been vastly improved technically allowing hundreds of enemy soldiers to be present on screen in one shot. Fujii promised the game contains a million new features but due to time restrictions he was only allowed to divulge a few with the press. Some of the main changes the sequel introduces include an online co-op mode, leader-boards and brand new difficulty levels which make the game even harder. In addition to these changes Fujii announced that the game will further build on the hack and slash gameplay implemented in the previous game thus making it now an "extreme" hack and slash title.After the press conference Tak Fujii was also interviewed by G4TV and GameSpot. Players can play through the different character story modes at any pace they wish to but the main story of the game focuses on the character Galen. The co-op mode will also contain exclusive stages, which can have one player attacking while the other solves a puzzle before advancing.
The game has received generally unfavorable reviews, with a Metacritic score of 47% based on 13 reviews. IGN described the game design as creatively bankrupt. GameSpot wrote that "the only epic struggle this game puts you in is the test of just how much boredom you can endure."
- ↑ Microsoft's TGS 2008 Press Conference. Joystiq. Retrieved on 2008-10-09
- ↑ Ninety-Nine Nights 2 gets online co-op. CVG. Retrieved on 2010-16-06
- ↑ Hack And Slash: We Talk Ninety-Nine Nights 2 With Konami's Tak Fujii
- ↑ N3II: Ninety-Nine Nights Konami Game Night 2010 Interview: Tak Fujii
- ↑ http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/n32ninetyninenights
- ↑ http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1104862p1.html
- ↑ http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ninetyninenightsii/review.html