Nival was founded in 1996 in Moscow by Sergey Orlovskiy. It primarily focused on strategy games (frequently with role-playing elements). Its best-known products include Etherlords, Blitzkrieg, and Silent Storm. The company has recently released the fifth game in the Heroes of Might and Magic series, a franchise owned by Ubisoft.
In early 2005, the company was bought by Ener1 Group, a Florida-based holdings company, for around US$10 million. Ener1 has stated that it will "integrate Nival's artists, designers, and programmers with its US-based video gaming interests".[ On November 30, 2007, Sergey Orlovskiy regained full control of Nival Interactive. ]
- Rage of Mages (1998) (known as Allods in Russia and CIS)
- Rage of Mages II: Necromancer (1999) (known as Allods II in Russia and CIS)
- Evil Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul (CIS 2000, EU & USA 2001) (known as a third game in the Allods series)
- Etherlords (2001)
- Etherlords II (2003)
- Blitzkrieg (2003)
- Blitzkrieg 2 (2005)
- Silent Storm (2003)
- Silent Storm: Sentinels (2004)
- Hammer & Sickle (Russia 2005, USA 2005)
- Night Watch (Russia 2005, USA 2006)
- Heroes of Might and Magic V (May 18, 2006)
- ↑ Sergey Orlovskiy regains full control of Nival Interactive. Nival Interactive. Retrieved on June 12, 2009.
|30px||This Russian corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|