Operation Europe: Path to Victory is a multiplatform war game where one or two players can compete in World War II action. The object of the game is to fulfill any one of the military objectives for either the Axis or the Allied forces. Players engage in modern warfare around Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Central Europe, and North Africa.
This game uses abstract numbers and figures in the map view and saves the concrete illustrations of soldiers only when they lock horns on the battlefield or in an urban setting. Urban settings give a traditional 1930s view of housing and office buildings that provide extra protection for units that are guarding them. However, there are massive numbers to crunch and the lack of graphics help enhance the number crunching ability of game's artificial intelligence.
In Japan, this game is known as Europa Sensen (ヨーロッパ戦線, "European Front").
- Scenario 1
- "French invasion of war"
- In May 1940, the German army invaded France with the "yellow strategy". An abundance of German armored forces give Hitler's regime the physical superiority and quality over the Anglo-French Army. The quality of the troops are low due to the technological limitation of the earlier years of World War II.
- Scenario 2
- "Attack Against North Africa"
- A strategic mission of World War II that took place in North Africa is covered here.
- Scenario 3
- "Major Tank Battle of Kursk"
- Soviet troops are introduced here in the first time in the game. This mission takes place in the Eastern Front of World War II.
- Scenario 4
- "Battle of Normandy"
- Players get to re-enact the opening stages of the Normandy landings as either Nazi Germany or the Anglo-American forces.
- Scenario 5
- "Battle of the Bulge"
- Under "Operation Autumn Mist," German forces attack the Anglo-American forces in an reenactment of the well-known Battle of the Bulge.
- Scenario 6
- "Invasion of Berlin"
- Nearing the end of the war, the Soviet troops are featured again. This mission takes place as the Soviet forces cross German borders in their drive to invade Berlin.
|This strategy video game-related article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.|