Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
PGA Tour is the collective name of a series of golf video games published by Electronic Arts and later their EA Sports sub-label from 1990 to 1998, when EA began publishing their golf games with the endorsement of Tiger Woods. After Tiger Woods '99 was released, subsequent titles were named Tiger Woods PGA Tour and released yearly.
The series were responsible for several innovations in the genre, such as the now standard three-click swing method, but unlike other games in the EA Sports label, the series were often shadowed by other competitors such as the Jack Nicklaus series, Links, Microsoft Golf or The Golf Pro.
Games in the series
- PGA Tour Golf
- PGA Tour Golf II
- Released in 1992 for the Mega Drive/Genesis.
- PGA Tour Golf III
- Released in 1994 for the Mega Drive/Genesis.
- PGA Tour Golf 486
- Released in 1994 for DOS personal computers; the name is a take on Access Software's Links 386.
- PGA European Tour
- PGA Tour 96
- Released in 1995 for the Mega Drive/Genesis and the SNES (later also for the 3DO, Saturn and PlayStation Systems); it was the first game of the genre to use 3D courses, but had fewer courses and golfers to compensate.
- PGA Tour Pro
- Released in 1997 for Windows; online play only.
- PGA Tour Gold
- Released 1998 for Windows; last title in the series before Tiger Woods' endorsement.