PRISM: Guard Shield is a freeware first-person shooter (FPS) video game developed by the US Army National Guard and Rival Interactive, based on a blend of stealth operations and fast action game play, which focuses on the unconventional application of new and emerging weapons and surveillance technologies in the war against terrorism.
PRISM takes place in the near future with the player becoming the newest member of a highly secretive homeland defense unit known as PRISM. The game focuses on familiar locations in the US such as Washington, D.C. and San Francisco, CA. When terrorist activities are suspected or potential targets are identified, players are called into action.
PRISM: Guard Shield was developed simultaneously with a game for the commercial market called PRISM: Threat Level Red. According to its developers "Players will be immersed in a unique gaming experience that draws players into a world that blurs the lines between commercial entertainment and America’s secret struggle against terrorism using tomorrow’s technology and weapons"
- America's Army, video game used by US Army
- AirForce Delta Storm, video game used by US Air Force
- Close Combat: First to Fight, video game developed with input from US Marines
- Close Combat: Marines, training game available only to US Marines
- Fleet Command, video game used by US Navy
- Full Spectrum Warrior, commercial version of military training aid
- Microsoft Flight Simulator, used by US Navy
- Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis
- Recruitment tool
- SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs
- Soldier of Fortune, video game used by USMC Infantry Cognitive Skills Lab
- VBS1, a leading military simulator