This section is transcluded from the sub-article Gameplay.
The current play modes to choose from are:
Players are on one of the, two possible, teams and attack the other team. The match ends at either the end of the time or point limit. In both cases; The team with the most points (kills) wins.
- See the Ranks article for the ranks you can advance in, by gaining experience while killing players of the other team or by accomplishing objectives.
- See the Achievements article for the achievements one can gain while playing.
In general you don't get XP for killing players, you get XP for playing a game to the end. In TDM you get an amount per round and in the campaign and reinforcement modes you get an award at the end of the match. These awards are modified by the length of the game and whether your team won or lost. It also takes into account team switching based on the amount of time you've spent on the winning side so that if you switched teams so that there's no benefit in switching to the winning team just before the end of the game but if you switch to the losing side to balance things out halfway through you don't get hosed for XP.
There are some ingame XP awards (mostly to do with the personal enemy system) but most of the awards are given at the end of the round in TDM or at the end of the game in other modes. Note that the awards are different for each mode as well - if you play a long reinforcement game you'll get more XP than for a few TDM rounds.
Your primary reward for killing the enemy, achieving team objectives and playing well is Blood Diamonds, XP is more a mark of how much you play rather than how good you are.
I should also add that the XP and BD awards are going to be fairly thoroughly reviewed between now and the live release so expect to see a lot of changes.
This game is currently in Closed Beta, so please keep that in mind when you add info on this wiki in this period...
- Update 10/27/09, Game is nearing OpenBeta read about it here
Feel free to add your opinions about this game here. Don't forget to sign your comment!
- Parabellum is one of those games that's gonna be talked about for a long time. It totally wipes out the other FPS competitors in the free 2 play gaming industry graphically wise and maybe in some cases even game play wise. The game is still in closed beta (Soon in Open beta) and there's already so much good stuff in it. I see Parabellum going far and that's why I'm sticking to it :P --Divine 23:07, October 9, 2009 (UTC)
- Quoting Wulphie on Parabellum-Forums:
“Very first impression: The graphics don't look as good as the trailer at first (I haven't turned up the graphics yet either)
Customisation: Customisation is VERY cool! I scrapped the original outfit for my character and made a new one after playing a few rounds.
Weapons: The weapons, the way they handle, and the animations, are very realistic and cool.
Gameplay: The gameplay, the gameplay. It's fast paced and I had to take a couple rounds to get used to it, but it boils down to one word: awesome.
Developers, you're doing an awesome job! If this game gets better before release it'd be unbelievably amazing.
One problem: I'm having trouble logging in sometimes and it keeps loading the item shop all the time which takes a long time. But such things are to be expected during beta testing periods.
Keep up the good work!”
⇐⇑ @ 11:27, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
- Is there a reason why free to play games have to suck? the graphics are good, so obviously they have the resources to make a game properly. why then copy every other f2p fps convention? be creative and original. make it so it actually takes some skill to play this game. i mean jesus christ, this game feels like a cartoon - jans
- ↑ System requirements info taken from: http://forums.gamersfirst.com/index.php?showtopic=4921
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Blood-Diamonds are the ingame currency used to buy items.
- ↑ TK stands for "Team Killer". See: wikipedia:Team killing
- ↑ E.P. or EP in short, stands for "Equipment Points" that the player earns when his/her team wins a round.
- ↑ Info taken from: http://forums.gamersfirst.com/index.php?showtopic=24549&view=findpost&p=229914
- ↑ See The Official Website infobox on the right
- ↑ See Parabellum@GamersFirst infobox on the right
- ↑ Original post: http://parabellum.xg1.net/forum08/showthread.php?t=3070