Peter Pack Rat is a 1984 platform game released by Atari for the Atari System 1. Only 500 units were produced, either as a standalone cabinet or as an upgrade kit to existing cabinets (Atari part no. 136028). The game's background music appeared on the 1991 and 2003 release of That's Atari Music - G.S.M Atari Games 1.
The game plays similar to Pac-Man. The player maneuvers Peter, a cartoon rodent, through various environments to collect objects and take them back to his nest within a designated time. Enemies, referred to as "The Gang", include cats, dogs, owls, and spiders, and must be avoided or stunned by throwing gems or collected objects. Each successive stage increases the number of objects to collect, reduces the allotted time to collect them, and adds more enemies.
Points are awarded based on the amount of time remaining when all items are collected, and the number of enemies stunned. Jeff Peters holds the official high-score with 910,875 points achieved at the Camelot Arcade in Anaheim, California on March 20, 1986.
In popular cultureEdit
The game appears in the TV show iCarly in the episode "iStage an Intervention."
- ↑ Lemon - Commodore 64, C64 Games, Reviews and Music. Retrieved on 2007-12-06
- ↑ The MAWS Database. Retrieved on 2007-12-06
- ↑ Peter Packrat at Arcade-History.com. Retrieved on 2007-12-06
- ↑ Atari Part Numbers. Archived from the original on July 15, 2006 Retrieved on 2007-12-06
- ↑ Video Game Music World (store). Retrieved on 2007-12-06
- ↑ Twin Galaxies Official Electronic Scoreboard. Retrieved on 2007-12-06