Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection is a video game title from Crave Entertainment for the Wii, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, and Xbox 360. Players play on a variety of classic virtual pinball machines from Williams Electronics' history. The Williams Collection follows the previous title, Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection.
All tables are available at the start of play, but some require you to use credits. The player begins the game with 30 credits and earn more by obtaining specials and accomplishing various goals on each table. For 100 credits, you can buy any of the locked tables for free-play mode. Completing the 5 table goals for any table also allows you to unlock a locked table.
Other unlockable options include the ability to use custom-textured pinballs, play a left-to-right inverted (Mirror Mode) version of the game, and disable tilt detection. Flipper control remains intuitive in Mirror Mode, with the left trigger controlling the left on-screen flipper. Side-specific features of some games, such as Lane Change, move to the opposite side of the table.
In the Wii version of the game, the player uses the trigger buttons of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to activate the flippers. The table can be bumped or shifted with the motion sensors in either the Remote or Nunchuck. The resulting table motion is proportional in magnitude and identical in direction to the controller's motion. This allows skilled players to use just enough motion to perform advanced ball saves without triggering the tilt mechanism, just as can be done on a physical machine.
The following pinball machines are included in all versions of the game:
The following are in the PSP, Wii, PS3 and 360 versions only:
The following are in the PS3 and 360 versions only:
The Wii version was nominated for Best Graphics Technology for the Wii by IGN in its 2008 video game awards, while the PSP version was nominated for best PSP game of 2008 by GameSpot. Gamasutra named The Williams Collection the third most overlooked game of 2008.
The soundtrack of this game features the following songs:
- "Full Throttle" By Eric Barnett
- "Premonition" By Chris Kline
- "Let Go" By Brett Rakestraw
- "Flipper Frenzy" By Jeremy Fannon
- "Maelstrom" By Don Madison
- "Depeche" By Nelson Everhart
- "Blast Off" By Damien Harrison
- "The Weezered" By Jim Watson
- "Arcade Jam" By Chris Kline
- "Oracle" By Chris Kline
- "Pinball Dreams" By Chris Kline
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "CRAVE Entertainment Announces E3 2009 Showcase Lineup," GameZone (May 29, 2009).
- ↑ E307: Hands-On With Wii Williams Pinball
- ↑ "[http://www.gametactics.com/?view=article&article=2543 Day 2 E3 2009 - Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection Hands on Demo / Gameplay Video ]," Game Tactics (June 16, 2009).
- ↑ IGN Wii: Best Graphics Technology 2008. IGN.com (2008-12-18). Retrieved on 2008-12-19.
- ↑ GameSpot Video: Best of 2008 Platform Awards. GameStop.com (2008-12-25). Retrieved on 2009-01-03.
- ↑ Gamasutra's Best Of 2008: Top 5 Overlooked Games. Gamasutra.com (2008-12-10). Retrieved on 2009-01-03.