|Height||1'04" (0.4 m)|
|Weight||11.5 lbs. (5.2 kg)|
|Gender distribution||87.5% male, 12.5% female|
|First Appearance||Pokémon Diamond and Pearl|
Piplup, (ポッチャマ Potchama, Pochama), is one of the three species of Pokémon players can choose from at the beginning of their adventure in the Diamond and Pearl versions of the series.
Characterized as a penguin, it has yellow feet and a light-blue body. There are two white spots on its chest that seem to resemble buttons on a suit. Piplup have a layer of fine down covering their bodies that protects them from frigid waters as well as hot temperatures. It lives along shores in northern countries, and is a skilled swimmer diving for over 10 minutes at a time. It has a circular, blue head with white circles around its eyes and a small, yellow beak. Piplup are very proud Pokémon that dislike receiving food from others. It is a poor walker, often falling down, but it is a very proud Pokémon and always gets back up.
In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness, Piplup is one of the male protagonists. He transformed from a mystery person when sleeping.
Piplup also appears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. When released from a Poké Ball, Piplup slides along the stage using Surf. Anyone caught in it will be pushed, possibly off the stage, similar to Marill in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
A Piplup owned by a beginner Pokémon coordinator, Dawn, has appeared in all of the 4th generation episodes, to date. Dawn befriended Piplup after saving it from a group of Ariados, and chose it as her starter Pokémon.
Trading Card Game
There are currently two Piplup cards available outside of Japan:
- Diamond & Pearl, as Piplup Lv.9, a Water-type common card (#93)
- a Promo card, as Piplup Lv.9, a Water-Type card
In March 2007, three limited edition collectors' tins were released by Pokémon USA. Piplup Lv.9 from Diamond & Pearl was included in one of the tins as a special holographic card. The other two tins contained Turtwig Lv.10 and Chimchar Lv.8 from the same set.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Pokédex: Because it is very proud, it hates accepting food from people. Its thick down guards it from cold. Game Freak. Pokémon Diamond. (Nintendo). Nintendo DS. (2007-04-22)
- ↑ Pokédex: It lives along shores in northern countries. A skilled swimmer, it dives for over 10 minutes to hunt. Game Freak. Pokémon Pearl. (Nintendo). Nintendo DS. (2007-04-22)
- ↑ Pokédex: A poor walker, it often falls down. However, its strong pride makes it puff up its chest without a care. Game Freak. Pokémon Platinum. (Nintendo). Nintendo DS. (2009-03-22)
|This page uses content from Encyclopedia Gamia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 (unported) license. The content might also be available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.. As with|