|Engine||Source (Build 4710)|
|Release date||April 19, 2011|
|Genre||First-person shooter, Puzzle|
|Mode(s)||Single player, 2 player co-op|
|Age rating(s)||ESRB: E10+|
|Platform(s)||Windows, Mac, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3|
|Credits | Soundtrack | Codes | Walkthrough|
Portal 2 is the sequel to the game Portal developed in part by the creators of Tag: The Power of Paint after they were hired by Valve Software, and published on Steam, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It was first said to be released holiday 2010, but in a message from "Aperture Science" it's mentioned that the game is pushed back for a release in 2011. A February 9 release date was announced, but the game was delayed again until April 19th, 2011.
Like its predecessor, Portal 2 has music by Jonathan Coulton.
New puzzle elementsEdit
- Aerial Faith Plates
- These propel anything on them to a predetermined location.
- Thermal Discouragement Beam
- These are very hot lasers.
- Hard-light Bridges
- These can be walked on, or turned 90 degrees and used as a shield from turrets.
- Excursion Funnel
- These suspend and push objects in them slowly away from the emitter. Some are attached to a button that allows the direction to be changed.
- Propulsion Gel
- Walking across surfaces covered in this gel will cause an increase in velocity. The in-game fiction is that this was originally intended as a diet aid, but was deemed unsuitable for this purpose and pulled from the market.
- Repulsion Gel
- This gel causes things to bounce off it. This too, in the game universe, was a failed diet aid.
- Conversion Gel
- This gel allows portals on surfaces that don't normally allow portals to be placed on them. In the game, it is said to be made from ground-up moon rocks.
- Pneumatic Diversity Vent
- This element appeared in trailers, but was cut from the final game. It would send anything near the entrance to the exit via suction.
North Carolina news station WBTV aired an interview with Neil Stapel, who was playing Portal 2 together with his adopted ten-year-old daughter when they encountered dialog that insulted Chell for being an orphan.
- ↑ Portal 2 is official, first image inside
- ↑ Portal 2 pushed back into 2011
- ↑ Portal 2 will triumph on Feb. 9, 2011
- ↑ Valve hides ARG in Potato Sack sale on shacknews.com
- ↑ Doing science: Jonathan Coulton to create music for Portal 2
- ↑ Slow news day leads to Portal 2 adoption “controversy” on gamesradar.com (retrieved on June 13, 2011)
| Half-Life | Opposing Force | Blue Shift | Decay|
Half-Life 2 | Deathmatch | The Lost Coast
Half-Life 2: Episode One | Episode Two | Episode Three
|The Orange Box|
|Portal | Portal 2 | Team Fortress Classic | Team Fortress 2 | Narbacular Drop | Tag: The Power of Paint|
|Half-Life Fact File|