Postal III is an upcoming third-person shooter video game in development by Running With Scissors. It is the third game in the Postal video game franchise and is scheduled for release in North America in 2011 for Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X| title=Running With Scissors - a GameZombie.tv Exclusive Interview| last=Webber | first=Scott | accessdate=2008-04-05 | date=2008-03-26 | publisher=GameZombie.tv}}</ref> and Xbox 360. A PlayStation 3 port was announced in later stages of development, which will probably be released shortly after the initial release. The game was developed under the working title Postal 3: Catharsis until October 18, 2006, when the finalized title was revealed to be Postal III.
Postal III will continue and expand upon the sandbox-style design of its predecessor, Postal 2, as well as include motion captured performances by a wide array of celebrities, including film stars and Playboy Playmates. It has also been stated that Uwe Boll, director of the Postal film, will appear in the game.
In Postal III, The Postal Dude emigrates to Paradise's sister town of Catharsis (he blew up Paradise with a nuclear bomb). Unlike its predecessor, the game will not be based on the Unreal engine but rather on the Source engine. Also, Postal III will be a third-person shooter, rather than its predecessors Postal 2 which is a first-person shooter and Postal which is isometric.
Early gameplay footage of the game being played at E3 2008 reveals new weapons such as "The Badgersaw", a nail bat, an M60 machine gun and the return of the gas can and matches from Postal 2. A new concept of weapon is a test lab monkey which will react to a laser pointed by the Postal Dude. Product manager Mike Jaret revealed in an interview that there will be "special vehicles" in the game such as Segways.
- ↑ Postal III - Interview with Running With Scissors. omgpcgames.com (2008-05-03). Retrieved on 2010-03-03.
- ↑ Linde, Aaron (2008-02-18). Postal 3 Due Q2 2009 on PC, Xbox 360; PS3 Possible. Shacknews. Retrieved on 2008-04-05.
- ↑ Desi, Vince. POSTAL3 In Development. Running With Scissors. Retrieved on 2008-04-05.
- ↑ Desi, Vince (2006-10-18). Running With Scissors' Sharpens POSTAL III for Xbox 360 and PC!. Go POSTAL. Retrieved on 2008-04-05.
- ↑ Webber, Scott (2006-10-19). Postal III Coming to Xbox 360. Console Monster. Retrieved on 2007-08-02.
- ↑ Chan, Norman (May 2008). "Postal hands-on preview". PC Gamer Magazine: pp. page 38 .
- ↑ Postal 3 First Impression Interview. VG Core (2006-02-15). Retrieved on 2008-04-05.